NORTH AMERICAN PUBLIC DEBUT OF TECHDAS AIR FORCE ZERO AND WILSON AUDIO MASTER CHRONOSONIC/SUBSONIC

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Credentials coupled with the available information (listening and technical) are enough for me.

I am not arguing that this isn’t enough for you.

Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I will be next week in Italy on a business trip and I have arranged to audition the Atlantis with KRIMON I phono

Also rotate the phono. To understand what the table does. Is there anything available for compare?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Credentials coupled with the available information (listening and technical) are enough for me.

i would agree that we should give a degree of 'benefit of the doubt' based on the street cred of those involved.

but then we have to look at the Hollywood aspect to this particular event and sprinkle a bit of skepticism for good measure.

do we all love Wilson's? even if they are $700k (or a cool $1m with the subs?) no.

but we might. and probably would.

we just don't know.

how does one check their emotions at the door of an event like this? answer----you can't.

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Also rotate the phono. To understand what the table does. Is there anything available for compare?
the system is owned by an associate in Italy, he has a Kronos Pro with Kronos phono besides the Vyger

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Sincerely, do you have any doubt that the AF0 is far superior? :oops:

“Far” superior - yes as I don’t subscribe often to such exaggerated superlatives at this level. That is more for the hyperbole brigade ymmv.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
i would agree that we should give a degree of 'benefit of the doubt' based on the street cred of those involved.

but then we have to look at the Hollywood aspect to this particular event and sprinkle a bit of skepticism for good measure.

do we all love Wilson's? even if they are $700k (or a cool $1m with the subs?) no.

but we might. and probably would.

we just don't know.

how does one check their emotions at the door of an event like this? answer----you can't.

Microstrip's favorite movie is the new avengers: endgame. On creds alone

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Reactions: Audiophile Bill

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

We haven’t seen any measurements for this table yet - what am I missing sorry.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
the system is owned by an associate in Italy, he has a Kronos Pro with Kronos phono besides the Vyger

Very interesting, what speakers and amps does he have?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Price is always a reliable indicator.

Not always, but can be a good indicator when complemented with other indicators if we know how to analyze a product and a situation.

Vienna

VIP/Donor

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Rockport Altair with Gryphon Mephisto monos

Can you swap phonos during the listen, play the kronos phono with the Vyger and vice versa?

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Not always, but can be a good indicator when complemented with other indicators if we know how to analyze a product and a situation.

Weird!

Vienna

VIP/Donor

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

I was joking, but you make a good point nonetheless.

Reactions: Vienna

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
i recall visiting ddk with the EMT, AS-1000 and AF1 sitting there all with the same arm (different carts).....into the same phono stage (similar to Tang).

will the AFO be closer to the AS-1000 or the AF1?

we don't yet know.
Definitely much closer to AF1 which it has a lot in common with, including platters and air suspension. As far as air floater’s engineering and sonic priorities go AF turntables & AS are very different, almost the opposite of one another and you’ll hear it.

david

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Can't for the life of me work out if The Frem liked it.

Reactions: Al M.

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
...I think that you can safely say, “Mikey loves and will continue to love the Zero...”

Cheers!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Zero the Hero.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing