Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

interesting feedback! thanks

Are you feeling the upgrade-itch? Halo got so many raving reviews when it came out, but I bet there are nice alternatives. I appreciate your input thanks
Grandsoir,
I am inclined to upgrade my DAC (oh the days not so long ago when $5k seemed like A LOT for a DAC...), but need to refill the audio coffers, as the DACs I'm considering are in the >$40k range. Plus, the May sounds pretty darned good.

AC

Reactions: oldmustang
Grandsoir,
I am inclined to upgrade my DAC (oh the days not so long ago when $5k seemed like A LOT for a DAC...), but need to refill the audio coffers, as the DACs I'm considering are in the >$40k range. Plus, the May sounds pretty darned good.

AC
I am with you @ACHiPo; not that many years ago I was able to buy and try a variety of DACs, and even SACD/CD player DACs from Weiss, Esoteric, Berkeley Audio Designs, Playback Designs and Chord with the assurance that I could flip them and not lose a lot of money (or perhaps break-even for highly sought-after units). Not so any more!

To sample the alternatives at the top tier of DACs requires deeper pockets and the ability to absorb larger losses in the name of research than I am willing to make.

Steve Z

This is the buty of Extreme.
you get it once and like me , aftre that you get free softwere upgrades. For more than 3 years already in my case.
we are awaiting XDMS player and server softwere that they did foe 2 years I belive
and also is going to be free of charge.
who else is doing it ?

Only a hardwere will be charged in the future .
you will be able to upgrade any time.
dCS software releases are all free of charge and they have offered this for centuries…

For all users of Taiko Audio and followers of this thread here is a link to a new product we rolled out today and we are quite proud of. We are calling it "Masters and Makers" and the announcement came in today's Newsletter. Our goal this year is to be information driven and we felt this was a great way to start. And who better for us to be in the first Masters and Makers video but our very own Emile. Our goal is to release a new video every two weeks and to that extent our next video will feature Karen Sumner. This first one however is our way of thanking Emile for changing our audio journeys in such a positive way and comes at a time when IMO Taiko has become postured to be the global innovator in everything new streaming.....

In case you didn't get the newsletter

and if you want to go straight to our new Masters and Makers here you go

Great thanks to Emile for being our first. We hope you enjoy.....Emile, you rock and thank you for everything. FWIW we will be doing a follow video with Emilie when he ( and hopefully Ed) comes to my house after Munich where I will be showing the new Taiko Extreme , router and switch with card. Looking forward to that visit and to meeting everyone who has indicated that they want to attend

In anticipation of the shipment, I currently run this:
asus main router -> audio only router (edgerouter) -> switch

I will be replacing the switch with the Taiko switch; should I remove the audio only router, or keep it in place? (I assume keeping it in place would be how I would run the Taiko router -> Taiko Switch if I purchase that)

Looking forward to getting my Switch and reporting on how it sounds with local HD playback.
My network is rather simple:
Cable Modem (bridge mode) -> Eero 6E base -> Eero Satellite (wireless connection to base) -> Ethernet (Triode Labs Freedom) -> Extreme

In anticipation of the shipment, I currently run this:
asus main router -> audio only router (edgerouter) -> switch

I will be replacing the switch with the Taiko switch; should I remove the audio only router, or keep it in place? (I assume keeping it in place would be how I would run the Taiko router -> Taiko Switch if I purchase that)

Yeah I would just replace your switch for starters.

Great thanks to Emile for being our first. We hope you enjoy.....Emile, you rock and thank you for everything. FWIW we will be doing a follow video with Emilie when he ( and hopefully Ed) comes to my house after Munich where I will be showing the new Taiko Extreme , router and switch with card. Looking forward to that visit and to meeting everyone who has indicated that they want to attend

Thank you to you and Ron. I’m honoured to be the first!

Thank you to you and Ron. I’m honoured to be the first!
an encore presentation will happen when you are here in a few months. Hopefully we can get Ed in it as well. BTW it was a no brainer to have you first

For all users of Taiko Audio and followers of this thread here is a link to a new product we rolled out today and we are quite proud of. We are calling it "Masters and Makers" and the announcement came in today's Newsletter. Our goal this year is to be information driven and we felt this was a great way to start. And who better for us to be in the first Masters and Makers video but our very own Emile. Our goal is to release a new video every two weeks and to that extent our next video will feature Karen Sumner. This first one however is our way of thanking Emile for changing our audio journeys in such a positive way and comes at a time when IMO Taiko has become postured to be the global innovator in everything new streaming.....

In case you didn't get the newsletter

and if you want to go straight to our new Masters and Makers here you go

Awesome!

@Taiko Audio you come across as a crazy-dedicated inventor of audiophile streaming based on a holistic approach to solution engineering - all true!

I was intrigued to learn about the new "non Ethernet" protocol between Router - Switch - Extreme, I had not heard that aspect being mentioned before, it does make total sense and fits within the holistic approach to engineering.

Now going back to Busy Waiting on Switch + Network Card...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing