The Uptone Audio EtherRegen audiophile switch

vhs

Dec 12, 2019
Hi all,

Addition of Uptone eR to the signal chain of my CAS system is one of the major improvement of SQ so far.

Signal Chain:

Roon Server -> (13m Supra Cat8) -> eR (Port A) -> eR (Port B) -> (1.5m Pachanko Ethernet "Aphelion") -> dCS Vivaldi Upsampler

Uptone eR:

1. External Clock: Mutec REF10 SE-120
2. Clock Cable: Acoustic Revive COX-1.0TripleC-FM-BNC (1m)
3. Power Supply: Uptone JS-2 (12v)
4. DC Cable: Pachanko Server LPSU (1m)
5. Ground box: Tripoint Troy Signature BLK
6. Ground Cable: Tripoint Signature Silver (2m)

Thank you for your innovation, Alex Crespi !

Reactions: Superdad and shapo

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Hi
I see you have a Mutec and nothing less than 120. I would be very interested in your opinion about the sound of ER with and without the Mutec.

vhs

Dec 12, 2019
Hi
I see you have a Mutec and nothing less than 120. I would be very interested in your opinion about the sound of ER with and without the Mutec.
Hi,

eR with Ref10 SE-120 : more natural, better clarity and musicality, and darker background.

Saleh84

Jul 26, 2019
guys,
anyone noticed a difference in SQ while using different voltage to power ER? like does 7v differ from 12v for example? technically its not supposed to make any difference in SQ, but I'm still curious to see if someone has tried.
the sound of ER certainly changes with better power supply, I currently use an IFI ipower 9v plus grounding cable (to protect against any AC leakage), certainly more dynamic and lower noise floor than stock power brick. I have also tried a keces P8 LPS, 12v, even though it had better body and sounded "rounder" than an ifi ipower brick, it killed the dynamics and the sound felt "slow" compared to ifi. so that was a no no for my taste.
now I'm about to order a paul hynes SR5 LPS to use for both ER and my Edgerouter x SFP, and I might opt for fixed voltage output since its more "pure". so wondering at which value I should fix it at?

Reactions: oeno

Superdad

Apr 22, 2015
Another busy week here at UpTone:
Publication this morning of a very nice comprehensive review of the EtherREGEN on the main page of Audiophile Style and also our just-released ‘white paper.’ You might enjoy these at:
https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/reviews/uptone-audio-etherregen-review-and-comparison-r887/
and
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...enson_EtherREGEN_white_paper.pdf?v=1583429386

More EtherREGEN circuit boards are arriving and we are still on track to ship new orders by April 15th--maybe a few days sooner. This time the wait is caused by my long-planned one week Canada ski vacation which begins March 19th. Some production will take place while I am gone, but shipping will not resume until afterwards. :cool:

Reactions: Marcin_gps

Klonk

Mar 4, 2012
I don't have much experience with computer switches in audio. Based on the great reviews I ordered one. I was not disappointed, it did certainly improve the overall performance of my setup. But as I wrote, I am not a reference for audiophile switches, so others are more qualified to write a review of its sonic virtues. However the reason I am writing this is, that I wan't to mention the exemplary support I received from Alex, he patiently replied to all my questions and helped me with everything regarding the Eth. Regen and more. Thank you.

Reactions: Superdad

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
A friend is consider LPSU for his etherRegen? What’s the prefer voltage. Super 3 farad recommended 7v.

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
guys,
anyone noticed a difference in SQ while using different voltage to power ER? like does 7v differ from 12v for example? technically its not supposed to make any difference in SQ, but I'm still curious to see if someone has tried.
the sound of ER certainly changes with better power supply, I currently use an IFI ipower 9v plus grounding cable (to protect against any AC leakage), certainly more dynamic and lower noise floor than stock power brick. I have also tried a keces P8 LPS, 12v, even though it had better body and sounded "rounder" than an ifi ipower brick, it killed the dynamics and the sound felt "slow" compared to ifi. so that was a no no for my taste.
now I'm about to order a paul hynes SR5 LPS to use for both ER and my Edgerouter x SFP, and I might opt for fixed voltage output since its more "pure". so wondering at which value I should fix it at?
Hi Saleh,
Looks like we in the same boat regarding music appreciation. I like the speed and dynamics as well that the sps-500 offers compared to a LPS. I have been told the Farad 3 is a good option and also S Booster.

Reactions: Saleh84

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
I have Farad Super3 12volt powering EtherREGEN. Before I had Uptone LPS 1.2, with the output set to 12 volt.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia

tarquineous

Jun 25, 2011
Well, Paul Pang has the world's first QUAD switch. Why stop at one when four will do?

You guys are forgetting... all four should be sitting on a Tranquility Base. Off to the side should be a Bybee V2 or one of the new "Symphony" field generators.

tarquineous

Jun 25, 2011
I love the addition of the etherRegen into my system. My experience mimics the positive feedback left here by users.

That's good to hear. I ran across the AudioScience forum, where most members did not try the eR, but were eager to say negative things about it. After reading around forums for a couple of days, it looks like the ratio is about 10 to 1. Ten individuals like the eR for every one that does not.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
My two close friends have reported excellent results with eR. Both are using dCS front ends (Rossini and Bartok).

I decided tro try one in my system and bought one yesterday. It should arrive in a week. I will report back.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
My two close friends have reported excellent results with eR. Both are using dCS front ends (Rossini and Bartok).

I decided tro try one in my system and bought one yesterday. It should arrive in a week. I will report back.

Hi Adam

How are you going into your Pacific?
Via USB or directly via Ethernet?

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Ethernet. To my my big surprise, it sounds better this way than via my elaborated USB rig.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Ethernet. To my my big surprise, it sounds better this way than via my elaborated USB rig.
That's nice.
Just directly from your SK into the Pacific ethernet-in or via switch?

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
Like @christoph I'm interested in knowing whether you'll prefer the sound with the eR before the Lampi SK or after it, before the Pacific.

Superdad

Apr 22, 2015
That's good to hear. I ran across the AudioScience forum, where most members did not try the eR, but were eager to say negative things about it. After reading around forums for a couple of days, it looks like the ratio is about 10 to 1. Ten individuals like the eR for every one that does not.

I'll say nothing about the blind condemnation that Ethernet switches and and computer audio tweaks in general receive over at Audio "Science" Review. ;)
But given that there are now over 1,400 EtherREGENs in user systems around the world, and that through our 30-day money-back guarantee we have received only 5 back, I'd say the ratio is more like 280 to 1! :cool:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing