Zero Distortion: Tango Time

Well I have no skin in the game

firstly I was surprised by the difference in the sound quality between the videos
i listened on three difference headphones with different frequency balances

despite Steve assertion it’s all over, its pretty interesting

i have been reading an article on different woods affects on making xylophones

it’s not a dissimilar issue

the first recording has an emaphasis on the formats on the violin, although unnaturally prominent they add a certain vivaciousness to the recording

the Second recording seems to bleach these resonances out and replace with a mid bass emphasis

I would be concerned with a tweak that so fundamentally affected the sound, I was actually really surprised it was so evident

to me the fundamental problem is not the platforms these are on

actually I have no clue what a cms or a daiko even is ?

but I do know about the sound

the first the formats are too prominent on the violin in video 1

in the second video the whole aspect of formats has be quelched

I am not sure that either is corrects, to me the system needs some adjustment without any fancy boards first.....is that the thing we are debating ?

the videos are actually quite good in sound quality and clearly Tang’s system is transparent
I suggest Tang listen to some real violin playing and he will realise the formats are not so overwhelming
the switch to the helmholz wooden resonator is always there but not overwhelmingly

you cannot get there by quelching harmonics

just my two cents ........

I am glad that you find it interesting but the debate is over and I am now going to insist that the debate about Daiza is over and I am going to ask nicely this one time only to cease and desist. Emile also has asked for the debate to stop.

Reactions: Rhapsody
Hi awsmone,

I agree its interesting, although unfortunately these 2 recordings where made on different phones where the new one has some recording issues. They are clearly not even close the same recording as evident in the spectrum analysis.

I only caught this myself from noticing how much better the video quality is in the 2nd video. Otherwise I would still have been scratching my head on how this could be possible!

CMS is Critical Mass Systems, generally considered as one of the best rack systems available.

Daiza is an anti resonance tweak which you can insert between component and rack shelf.
Emile

per your wishes to stop the discussion a few days ago I find that this post is merely continuing what you wanted to stop.

Can we please move on

Emile

per your wishes to stop the discussion a few days ago I find that this post is merely continuing what you wanted to stop.

Can we please move on
I think Emile was only referring to me not to knock the Daiza the way I was doing and I stopped but not to stop all conversation and observation, he's responding and making suggestions. I can understand why I was asked to change gears but it's highly unusual for an audio forum to be told to stop discussing an audio product. IMO.

david

It was my understanding that Emile had requested that the debate on Daiza, especially by you be stopped.

to continue in Tang’s thread merely keeps the door open.

Emile, what would you like to do?

My perception of your recent posts in Tangs thread keeps the door open to further debate. So sadly you can’t have it both ways.

It is difficult to moderate when people’s requests become like a moving target and they constantly change

Reactions: adyc
I think Emile was only referring to me not to knock the Daiza the way I was doing and I stopped but not to stop all conversation and observation, he's responding and making suggestions. I can understand why I was asked to change gears but it's highly unusual for an audio forum to be told to stop discussing an audio product. IMO.

david
David

I understand that, but once the discussion shifts to Tang’s thread there is no doubt in my mind that you will again become an active participant. Are you good with that Emile as I see opening the can of worms all over again

David

I understand that, but once the discussion shifts to Tang’s thread there is no doubt in my mind that you will again become an active participant. Are you good with that Emile as I see opening the can of worms all over again

This thread has meandered and shifted all over the place and now it's here and then it will move on like every other topic when people are done or bored. If I respond, it will be cordial and derogatory or demeaning.

david

PS. To clarify my comments have nothing to do with Tang or this thread it just happened by coincidence that Emile's platforms popped up here, I even started another thread but he's the only one with music videos so the conversation shifted back to here.

Last edited:
I am glad that you find it interesting but the debate is over and I am now going to insist that the debate about Daiza is over and I am going to ask nicely this one time only to cease and desist. Emile also has asked for the debate to stop.

Steve,

Although I can understand your position it is a pity that many interesting issues, both objective and subjective, are being smashed by this honest desire to keep the peace between posters. We were debating two very important subjects - the use of youtube videos to access sound quality and the importance of mechanical aspects in the isolation/coupling in the high-end. If we can't post on them, why reading reports on people findings about them? Otherwise we risk that WBF turns in WBEF - what's the best entertainment forum?

I have no problem with discussing products, others or mine, at all. It is why I’m actively participating on this forum. I do have issues with repetitive assaults based on assumptions the correctness of which are highly debatable. When one is labelled “Industry Expert”, I am expecting professional behavior, at the very least. I would also expect a claim of inferiority of a product from someone like that to be well founded and open to discussion.

I have no problem with discussing products, others or mine, at all. It is why I’m actively participating on this forum. I do have issues with repetitive assaults based on assumptions the correctness of which are highly debatable. When one is labelled “Industry Expert”, I am expecting professional behavior, at the very least. I would also expect a claim of inferiority of a product from someone like that to be well founded and open to discussion.

@Steve Williams, He can stand up for himself.

david

I even started another thread but he's the only one with music videos so the conversation shifted back to here.

Yes you did, and you apologized. When a video is posted you immediately return back to your old ways like this:

Thank you SIR!

It's all screech and bang bang bang all the time with the Daiza. Every video sounds exactly the same, the harmonics are gone no delicacy and all instruments play at the same level and shouting at instead of drawing in. You know they're bowing different strings and striking different keys from the Daiza less video but it's all one note no matter the key, pitch or timbre with them under the amps. The beauty and the soul of Nigun and virtuosity of the musicians is sadly all Daiza'd and butchered, poofffffff, gone. Backgrounds and ambience in all Daiza videos always sound fragile and ringing like a glass shower stall wether it's a small venue cafe or a concert hall, all the same shower stall with Daiza. This is panzerholz, with grooves, foam feet, fancy names or not, you can hear the same fragile shouting soulless sound shouting at you in every single video you've posted with the Daiza.

david

It is this attitude which I have problems with, if you hear these videos you should know something else is going on. If we can continue this conversation without premature ejaculations of this nature I would personally like to.

Reactions: ALF
I have mo problems with debate and enjoy reading and learn from them. I have zero problems as long as they are cordial and one manufacturer doesn’t diss another.
if we can all agree to that I’m on board. I just get weary when things don’t go right and people begin arguing again it becomes me who once again has to deal with all of the reported posts

Using codes of behavior are convenient shifting goal posts when a conversation becomes uncomfortable. Bob said it out loud that products mentioned and trashed with clients and other industry members as a matter of course. The difference with me is that I don't believe in hiding behind closed doors and in the dark. Please consider this Emile, I could be trashing your platform only behind your back but I opened it up here and gave you the opportunity of rebuttal and open discussion if by doing so I crossed some imaginary line then so be it, at least I'm not hiding.

david

Reactions: ALF
Presently I’ve been in Las Vegas for the past 3 days supposed ri be enjoying time away with my wife. This entire subject has consumed most of my time here that it has impacted my weekend. I’m on my way home today. Hopefully men can be men and be polite

Reactions: hogen
Using codes of behavior are convenient shifting goal posts when a conversation becomes uncomfortable. Bob said it out loud that products mentioned and trashed with clients and other industry members as a matter of course. The difference with me is that I don't believe in hiding behind closed doors and in the dark. Please consider this Emile, I could be trashing your platform only behind your back but I opened it up here and gave you the opportunity of rebuttal and open discussion if by doing so I crossed some imaginary line then so be it, at least I'm not hiding.

david
...correction; simply, a misplaced like on my part...

Presently I’ve been in Las Vegas for the past 3 days supposed ri be enjoying time away with my wife. This entire subject has consumed most of my time here that it has impacted my weekend. I’m on my way home today. Hopefully men can be men and be polite
Enjoy your vacation Steve. This will all work itself out.
david

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu