Zero Distortion: Tango Time

Keith, I'm not sure to what Fransisco is referring, but I think of ancient instruments as various wind, string, and percussive instruments that are no longer in common use. I think of my Gregorio Paniagua recordings on the Harmonia Mundi label for instance. They sound great and are full of harmonic content, but I never hear them live. Viola de Gambo, harpsichord, some flutes.

We can get a nice idea of the instruments being played in this recording in this youtube video

Now imagine all this people in your room!

Reactions: Taiko Audio
Wishing your boy a swift and uneventful recovery Tang.

Thank you. He is fine and joyful now. This morning he jumped up and down in excitement seeing this Shunyata Python sleeping underneath my SLS. I had to call security to de-tweak. ;)

1574130104412.jpg

Why not just using a good Qobuz recording that any one can listen in their systems? ;)

My usual suggestion - the last two tracks of "Route de l'esclavage" https://www.qobuz.com/be-fr/album/l...inuo-hesperion-xxi-jordi-savall/0191018773304

We should feel a very large soundstage, depth, clear voices , rhythmic flowing backgroung ancient instruments, aliveness and an impressive general flow.

listening now, the stage is alive with action.......decay off the charts. easy to hear the layers of depth and movement.

an 'i am there' recording, at least in my system. i really enjoy it. thank you for the rec.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taiko Audio
We are never coming to Thailand. :p

Snakeskin cables: the next thing. They'll be big in Texas.

Reactions: Lagonda
Thank you both you guys for a thoughtful thinking. The day I got back from Austria I had to rush to see my kid at the hospital. He had something like Adenovirus and Parainfluenza at the same time. No problem with his tonsils. I stayed with him there for 6 nights. Now we are back home. Today we just went for a follow check up. Viruses, bacteria and pollution these days are so bad. When I was little, I never had these. Only time I went to hospital were when I had a bad case of food poisoning.

Kind regards,
Tang
Sorry to read about your son's health issues.
I wish him all the best and a full and fast recovery.

Reactions: bonzo75
Last edited:
Reactions: ddk
Well, it is a free market. Unless Corbyn wins. And then we nationalise Brexit. A proper return to the 70s.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu