Zero Distortion: Tango Time

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Why is that? Because O on either side of the C?

Typically speaker cables have high characteristic impedance due to the possible L and C values in speaker cables. OCOS coaxial speaker cables have a resistivity insulator and have an 8 ohm impedance!

The triple OCOS - three OCCOS in parallel was an excellent speaker cable.

Reactions: Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Typically speaker cables have high characteristic impedance due to the possible L and C values in speaker cables. OCOS coaxial speaker cables have a resistivity insulator and have an 8 ohm impedance!

The triple OCOS - three OCCOS in parallel was an excellent speaker cable.
I now picture Ked scrambling a google search, hope you made the whole thing up Microo_O

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I have more difficult time finding excellent sounding vinyls on piano that's why I haven't posted many of them. I think it has to do with the nuance of piano and the noise floor/quietness of vinyl (especially old vinyls) that often obscure the nuance and distract listening. I only have a few normal recording vinyls from the General that sound comparable to the direct to disc ones. I also have a digital recording of piano that I find so excellent sonically. May be piano especially solo ones can sound more pleasing to the ears in digital or digital recording.

In another thread they mentioned of different brands of piano. Here is one that is not Steinway or Bosendorfer. No it is not a digital recording.The piano is Mason&Hamlin.

Tang

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerD and Hieukm

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I have more difficult time finding excellent sounding vinyls on piano that's why I haven't posted many of them. I think it has to do with the nuance of piano and the noise floor/quietness of vinyl (especially old vinyls) that often obscure the nuance and distract listening. I only have a few normal recording vinyls from the General that sound comparable to the direct to disc ones. I also have a digital recording of piano that I find so excellent sonically. May be piano especially solo ones can sound more pleasing to the ears in digital or digital recording.

In another thread they mentioned of different brands of piano. Here is one that is not Steinway or Bosendorfer. No it is not a digital recording.

Tang

One can do much better than these Tang!

david

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

In another thread they mentioned of different brands of piano. Here is one that is not Steinway or Bosendorfer. No it is not a digital recording.

Tang

Now this sounds like the Cessaro from the hifi shows that we all know, Tang

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Now this sounds like the Cessaro from the hifi shows that we all know, Tang
If you don't like this, you should not like the Appassionata 45 by Kamiya either.
You guys are difficult to please bunch..hehe.

Tang :)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
If you don't like this, you should not like the Appassionata 45 by Kamiya either.
You guys are difficult to please bunch..hehe.

Tang :)

That is fine but I have some reservations using it for auditioning which I commented on earlier on another thread. Also listen to Annie Fischer perform it on YouTube (i haven't heard the LP)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Most direct to disc piano in close mic sound alike. This one is just a lot less bang bang thank you mam like the Appassionata 45. In term of clarity and transparency this is a good level ahead of the ERC Magda.

@zerostargeneral. You need to send me more excellent piano sir. ;)

Tang

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Most direct to disc piano in close mic sound alike. This one is just a lot less bang bang thank you mam like the Appassionata 45. In term of clarity and transparency this is a good level ahead of the ERC Magda.

@zerostargeneral. You need to send me more excellent piano sir. ;)

Tang

If you are not hearing the ERC Magda or the Bach Yvonne lefebure properly (and yes, both are different but both are excellent) there Is an issue with the system on piano reproduction or you should stick to violin for your ears. Or maybe piano sounds different to how it is when you cross 50

Last edited:
Reactions: Lagonda

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Get the Maria yudina Goldberg variations from G on Melodiya. If anyone coughed when she was playing Stalin would shoot them.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I agree on D2D being close miked

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
If you are not hearing the ERC Magda or the Bach Yvonne lefebure properly (and yes, both are different but both are excellent) there Is an issue with the system on piano reproduction or you should stick to violin for your ears. Or maybe piano sounds different to how it is when you cross 50
You are in love with Magda ERC you told me to buy one too. You know I have one. But The French label Yvonne is clearly better. Tell me a hundred more times may be I change my whole system to get that record to sound as good for you :D.

I am not saying the Erc Magda does not sounds good but it sure not as good as the french Yvonne.

Bests,
Tang

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
You are in love with Magda ERC you told me to buy one too. You know I have one. But The French label Yvonne is clearly better. Tell me a hundred more times may be I change my whole system to get that record to sound as good for you :D.

I am not saying the Erc Magda does not sounds good but it sure not as good as the french Yvonne.

Bests,
Tang

I like both the Yvonne I bought another performance on the same label. Please don't post all that. It's not a competition for me between those two. And the Maria yudina if you are lucky to get it is great as well, and I can enjoy all. It is not a competition.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing