2020 C8 Corvette introduction, thoughts ?

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Roger, I should have been more precise...America also includes Canada and Venezuela. :)
It's a geographic map...an entire continent, a cultural social manufacturing car industry.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Roger, I should have been more precise...America also includes Canada and Venezuela. :)
It's a geographic map...an entire continent, a cultural social manufacturing car industry.
What car company except for the majors manufacturers in SA?
I have a friend who moved to Ecuador and purchased a vehicle made in China...has parts sourced WW...he likes it.
Venezuela ? Aren’t those poor souls having trouble finding toilet paper...:)

Reactions: NorthStar

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I think the inflation rate is over one million percent...in Venezuela.
There's a country in need of major reparations. It's sad for the normal, honest, good citizens of any peaceful functioning society who aspire quality living, food for their children, equality, decency, humanity, dignity, respect, honor, and the things that make people and countries grow up in true harmony and family values...love, giving, sincerity, sharing, happiness, health.
Wealth? With intelligent balance.

That Corvette C8 has the name of an LG OLED TV, ...the C8 model from last year.
But they all do...C7, C6, etc.

For me $60,000 is peanuts, for others it's a reborn country, it's food for 100,000 people for a year.
I'm aware of that every single day, even when I don't mention it.

Music from a car is important, without noise accidents can happen.
Electric cars are too silent, they are starting to include apps that add car noises, in particular in places where there are a lot of people walking by. Isn't it something!
Even cars of certain colors (black) aren't recommended to drive @ night, and others during daytime (transparent white)...Aston Martin V12 Vanquish? ;)

Last edited:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
The Ford is in all likelihood unobtainium as it is IMO not what you would call an every day car plus would be driven on tracks rather than streets

I think the Ford is drop dead gorgeous

Agree on all you wrote, except that I would guess more Ford GTs will end up in climatized halls of collectors rather than on race tracks (or normal streets) :rolleyes:
And yes, the "new" Ford GT IS drop dead gorgeous.
In fact, I love all three iterations of the Ford GT a LOT :cool:

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
some very useful info on the new Vette

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
You know the "dealer premium" will push the C8 to 100K +

perhaps out in the land of 'Fruits and Nuts' but here on the East Coast and with my dealer (Criswell Chevrolet) it will be msrp. I believe Kerbeck will be doing the same.

Reactions: RogerD

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
This' nice too ...

This is the last (and only) Corvette body style I have ever liked. If I had the coin, I would buy a restored one of these in a heartbeat. A college fraternity brother brought one of these to school (it belonged to his dad) and he let me drive it. NOTHING has compared to that experience, including the 5 Porches I have owned! Auto body style is purely a preference thing and the simplicity of this body (along with it's power) perfectly fits my taste.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
That's a smart decision, like Christian mentioned earlier.
Two years is roughly how long it takes to fix the issues of the C8, from the experts.
The car is a beauty @ $60,000 base ... IMO. It looks like a million dollar car.

There's nothing wrong with Bose sound system; that's what is in my Acura, and that's what is in my kitchen. If any audiophile is in a banishing mood against Bose let them cry all the tears of the world till they drown under their own ocean of lost dreams ... ;):D
Bose is not the best but the best nobody knows when the Opera music's playing in your happy car. :cool:

I like black myself.

Bob, I won't be buying a 2020, most likely a 2022. I'll be looking at them in person in a couple of weeks at the Corvettes @ Carlisle here in Pa.

On another note........ I know mentioning the word 'Bose' around here is probably grounds for banishment but the new sound system in the C8 may just be superb ..........

https://www.motortrend.com/news/c8-corvette-audio-system

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
This is the last (and only) Corvette body style I have ever liked. If I had the coin, I would buy a restored one of these in a heartbeat. A college fraternity brother brought one of these to school (it belonged to his dad) and he let me drive it. NOTHING has compared to that experience, including the 5 Porches I have owned! Auto body style is purely a preference thing and the simplicity of this body (along with it's power) perfectly fits my taste.

A neighbor has one, fully restored, red and white.
It is also my favorite Vette design...chick, classy, distinguished, elegant, sporty, convertible, unpretentious, ...all that John Coltrane jazz.

And I like black best.

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa

without question, one beautiful '59 restomod. For me though the cleanest looking was the '57, make mine black, silver cove with a red interior.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vi...16/1957-chevrolet-corvette-fuelie-convertible

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

I saw one the same light blue color (third from top) not long ago.
Those Corvettes sure make us all tingling inside & out. :cool:
The 50s Classic ones, and the brand new 2020 C8 Stingray.

The fully restored Classic ones cost two-three times more than the new C8.
Best, to have one of each.

Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing