Degritter Mark II

Tangram

Nov 10, 2022
I used distilled water when we still had a service that delivered it to our house (my wife used it for cooking and drinking when our kids were little.) These days (because I’m lazy) I just use RO-treated tap water. What deleterious effects is my sloth introducing? I can’t hear any, that’s for certain.

Neil.Antin

Jul 9, 2021
These days (because I’m lazy) I just use RO-treated tap water. What deleterious effects is my sloth introducing? I can’t hear any, that’s for certain.

The purity of RO is dependent on the input water which varies widely such as U.S. EPA Freshwater Explorer (arcgis.com), select the Measured Conductivity NWIS tab and note that TDS is = 1/2 the indicated conductivity (uS/cm). If your locality has low TDS tap-water, the RO output can be very good - easy to measure as previously discussed. Otherwise, you can always add a demineralizer to your RO system Deionization (DI) Media, Mixed Bed Color Changing Resin Replacement – LiquaGen Water. If your RO unit has a re-mineralizer, put the DI resin column before the re-mineralizer.

Reactions: Tangram

LarryK

Jan 27, 2018
I’m up and running.

I had the circuit breaker trip twice when using a light duty power strip. I switched to a heavy duty 50 ft extension cord and the tripping went away.

I’ve ordered a high quality power strip from TrippLite and will see how well that works.

Reactions: tima

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
I’m up and running.

I had the circuit breaker trip twice when using a light duty power strip. I switched to a heavy duty 50 ft extension cord and the tripping went away.

I’ve ordered a high quality power strip from TrippLite and will see how well that works.

Nice that you started -- I encourage everyone to clean their records. Hoping the Degritter serves you well.

I use an APC PH12 surge protector for my setup which requires 5 outlets, except the wash tank pump goes into the wall.

LarryK

Jan 27, 2018
Nice that you started -- I encourage everyone to clean their records. Hoping the Degritter serves you well.

I use an APC PH12 surge protector for my setup which requires 5 outlets, except the wash tank pump goes into the wall.

Thanks. It will certainly be better than not cleaning them because I don’t want to listen to the vacuum on my other cleaner.

Did anybody on here recommend some extended drying times at lower fan speeds to make it more pleasant to use the machine?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing