Grimm MU1 vs Aurender N30SA vs Taiko Audio

We've got the Aurender N30SA, InnuOS Statement NextGen and the Antipodes K50 here on permanent demonstration on the higher/highest level. We've also had the Grimm MU1 here earlier.

As so often, it's hard to reach any general and definitive conclusions in terms of performance and individual differences - especially within this segment where the relationship to the DAC and influence of the network and cables are all crucial factors to consider.

I'm open for any specific questions that you might have.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se
Would love to get some advice from you on how you think the Olandra G4 compares with your other statement servers!

Because the Innuous and the Aurender reclock to the DAC, I am particularly interested in comparing those with the Antipodes Olandra which also does that. The Wadax and Taiko do not, and the Zanden DAC takes its clock from the Zanden Transport.

Interestingly the Antipodes’ best output is supposedly the unusual RJ45 i2s output which is Zanden’s best input!

For a silver disc guy, the Aurender has a transport for direct play and also for burning future discs. I think it might be time to get over discs if I go this far into servers…but something for another day depending on which is the server for me.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu