Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Hi Taiko team

Tried a few tunes and unplug the lan cable while playing in TAS

Confirmed my extreme sounds much better with the Lan cable plugged in, it's more airy, open up the sound stage, more details and 3 dimensional, the difference is very significant,

Thx,

Joe
I'm curious how that is remotely possible? I'd be curious to see if you have someone plug and unplug the cable out of your sight whether the same results occur.

LR319

May 7, 2019
Hi LR319,

HDTT does indeed use some characters in several albums which are not supported by LMS, I can connect remotely and show you if you'd like.

If you add multiple tracks to the playlist queue you can then play the whole queue.
I posted yesterday and last evening Emile was already got into my Extreme searching for the root of problem, before this I did clean up those strange alphabets/characters in album titles, sound tracks etc but didn't work, Emile went deeper into the titles inside the ID tag, also shorten one of the album's title length, in the end he recovered 2 albums in 30 min or so.
Top notch customer service, kudos to team Taiko.

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
I posted yesterday and last evening Emile was already got into my Extreme searching for the root of problem, before this I did clean up those strange alphabets/characters in album titles, sound tracks etc but didn't work, Emile went deeper into the titles inside the ID tag, also shorten one of the album's title length, in the end he recovered 2 albums in 30 min or so.
Top notch customer service, kudos to team Taiko.
The all new, LMS free, scanner engine will digest ID tags tags like this ;-)

LR319

May 7, 2019
All my files from the same CD are located in a sub folder with a file named cover.jpg that house the cover photo. Will that be recognized by the new engine as well?
It should show up in TAS but then again there are other criteria to meet with the current TAS/LMS, easiest way to find out is to open TAS and see if its there.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
All my files from the same CD are located in a sub folder with a file named cover.jpg that house the cover photo. Will that be recognized by the new engine as well?

Yes, that new engine is 100% our code, we can make it do pretty much everything we want, except making coffee.

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK

Bobofei86

Apr 11, 2021
I'm curious how that is remotely possible? I'd be curious to see if you have someone plug and unplug the cable out of your sight whether the same results occur.

Hi sbo6

Tired few times already and my even my mum can easily tell the difference, that ethernet cable is connected to my whole network chain which those gadgets may 'remove some noise' or "add some favor" to my system chain, but its very significant and pleased to our ears, i really don't know how it works but if the taiko switch can further enchance the sould quality that means upstream components still affecting the performance,

I will try to arrange a home demo for the premap with the Taiko dealer in HK, i will find him to join this test and try to record for you guys reference, the ethernet cables im using are quality bulit and lots of the hifiers in HK are using, the performance uplift is proven

Again, the delta is not that significant when compare with using aurender as the source, and obviously Extreme is much better than aurender to minimise the upstream dependences

Thx
Joe

Reactions: Taiko Audio

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Hi sbo6

Tired few times already and my even my mum can easily tell the difference, that ethernet cable is connected to my whole network chain which those gadgets may 'remove some noise' or "add some favor" to my system chain, but its very significant and pleased to our ears, i really don't know how it works but if the taiko switch can further enchance the sould quality that means upstream components still affecting the performance,

I will try to arrange a home demo for the premap with the Taiko dealer in HK, i will find him to join this test and try to record for you guys reference, the ethernet cables im using are quality bulit and lots of the hifiers in HK are using, the performance uplift is proven

Again, the delta is not that significant when compare with using aurender as the source, and obviously Extreme is much better than aurender to minimise the upstream dependences

Thx
Joe
Understood Joe but again - I'd be curious to see if you have someone plug and unplug the cable out of your sight whether the same results occur. How connecting to a switch and the ethernet port of the system would remove any noise to an already cached and playing file goes against logic IMO. In any case, enjoy!

Bobofei86

Apr 11, 2021
Understood Joe but again - I'd be curious to see if you have someone plug and unplug the cable out of your sight whether the same results occur. How connecting to a switch and the ethernet port of the system would remove any noise to an already cached and playing file goes against logic IMO. In any case, enjoy!
Hi Sbo6

Agreed its too difficult to explain but it is what it is, i found my friend and my mum to test again and both of them can figure out which option instantly,

Let me try to record it with the Taiko dealer in hk and show you guys,

Anyway, enjoy the sound very much and dont want to make further change except the power cord for Extreme, i think it is quite sensitive to the power and just purchased a HFC pro series power cord to feed it

Thx
Joe

Bobofei86

Apr 11, 2021
Hi Gents

Just tried to change the songs in the taiko audio app in my ipad but it suddenly shows the "taiko audio beta has expired"

Any suggestion to fix it? Rebooted the ipad and same message popup,

Thx
Joe

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Hi Gents

Just tried to change the songs in the taiko audio app in my ipad but it suddenly shows the "taiko audio beta has expired"

Any suggestion to fix it? Rebooted the ipad and same message popup,

Thx
Joe

Go back into Test Flight and download the new version which extends the expiration date.

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
Go back into Test Flight and download the new version which extends the expiration date.
For some reason, for some Beta Testers, the option to update does not appear.

These unlucky ones can go to this URLwith their Apple device

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
For some reason, for some Beta Testers, the option to update does not appear.

These unlucky ones can go to this URLwith their Apple device

Thanks for adding that since I clearly did not know!

Any guess as to when a new version will roll out? Just curious.

Reactions: Bobofei86

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing