Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

The fact that Lukasz and MSB is interested speaks volumes to me that Emile is again onto something. Perhaps it would highly improve the entry level DACs but I'd love to know what TOTL Taiko and TOTL Lampi sounds like with this new interface
Steve, You are all in with what Emile says. You believe the new card, the switch, the router and the BPS will improve performance. This is another additive technology that the Taiko team developed. Why question why this new interface will or will not increase performance over the existing usb interface?

If Emile/team says it will, then like everything else he/they say, will be a reality.

Steve, You are all in with what Emile says. You believe the new card, the switch, the router and the BPS will improve performance. This is another additive technology that the Taiko team developed. Why question why this new interface will or will not increase performance over the existing usb interface?

If Emile/team says it will, then like everything else he/they say, will be a reality.
Then the question to Emile would be, in the last list of 1-7 , this would be an 8th update. Where in the great scheme of things does this 8th compare to number one which I called the Full Monty

Reactions: Rhapsody
Imagine how good we have it now with XDMS today. Add EIGHT more significant upticks in SQ. Hard to comprehend.

Reactions: cmarin
I listened all day to XDMS and it is spectacular now. The platform is looking better every day. As I said yesterday one could stop at XDMS and be eternally happy.

Can someone explain what the "DAC Cable" is? I guess this runs between the switch and the Extreme?

The new technology interface card is CPU / PCIe direct to DAC - Analogue out AND CPU / PCIe direct to SPDIF (with rca, bnc and toslink connectors)

It does not replace the USB card

Its exciting technology leading to a whole range if future technologies.

Emile,

The BD34301EKV DAC is an excellent chip and probably a great choice, but it is a tuneable chip - manufacturers can easily model the sound to their particular preference tuning the filter coefficients. I always admired the Taiko system for their their theoretical and technical pursuit of digital neutrality - aren´t you affraid that committing the brand to a preferred sound quality affects your image?

Doesn‘t that apply to any DAC?

Reactions: oldmustang
Only silver available so far?

Chrome, or mirror. Yes it’s the first to arrive as the surface finish is the fastest (and cheapest). All other finish options take longer and will add an as of yet unknown amount. We will add the other finish options once the delivery dates and pricing is known.

Reactions: Audire
There is only a choice of RJ45 OR fibre as input, right?

Order placed :)

Thanks Emile!

I believe I asked you this question before, but I'm not sure I understood correctly.

It will be possible to send you back the Extreme for modification in order to include the battery power supply.

But it will keep the same design.

The power supply will power the Extreme internaly and the external switch as well.

Is this correct?

Do you already know what the dimensions of the case will be?

Reactions: Taiko Audio

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing