Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

here is a longer term request, if possible.
could the current NIC be replaced with a 10G card to facilitate fast copying from the home network to the storage inside the extreme. this would be left unconnected most of the time, and only plugged into the home network when not listening to music, e.g. overnight. could this be done with no impact to SQ due to the installed but unused 10G (non-optical) nic?

here is a longer term request, if possible.
could the current NIC be replaced with a 10G card to facilitate fast copying from the home network to the storage inside the extreme. this would be left unconnected most of the time, and only plugged into the home network when not listening to music, e.g. overnight. could this be done with no impact to SQ due to the installed but unused 10G (non-optical) nic?

The current NIC being the onboard NIC? That cannot be replaced. Plugging a 10Gb NIC into an unused slot is possible but audible, even if you disable it when not in use.

Reactions: oldmustang
The current NIC being the onboard NIC? That cannot be replaced. Plugging a 10Gb NIC into an unused slot is possible but audible, even if you disable it when not in use.

Thanks. I'll live with slower music file updates to the extreme if it helps SQ

Thanks. I'll live with slower music file updates to the extreme if it helps SQ

Are you moving a lot of files on a regular basis? I am always adding music but it is usually under 500 GB at a time.

Are you moving a lot of files on a regular basis? I am always adding music but it is usually under 500 GB at a time.

i do my re-organizing on a local drive, then sync it to the extreme. for example, i just sub-divided my Keith Jarrett folder into 'solo' and 'trio and groups' sub-folders so we're talking about 60+ albums

i do my re-organizing on a local drive, then sync it to the extreme. for example, i just sub-divided my Keith Jarrett folder into 'solo' and 'trio and groups' sub-folders so we're talking about 60+ albums

You don’t feel comfortable doing that directly on the Extreme via VNC?

@Taiko Audio while we are waiting for the Router (I'll be in second batch so October for me) I am curious regarding estimated availability for the TACDA - ProISL with the MSB-manufactured daughter-board (last post talked about July-Aug for the TACDA but no update on the MSB-part of the solution)?

Last edited:

@Taiko Audio while we are waiting for the Router (I'll be in second batch so October for me) I am curious regarding estimated availability for the TACDA - ProISL with the MSB-manufactured daughter-board (last post talked about July-Aug for the TACDA but no update on the MSB-part of the solution)?

We’re expecting the first batch of modular redesigns to arrive mid August. This will accept a MSB Pro ISL module, I’m sure there will be some adjusting and tuning involved in getting this all working properly, October/November would be nice.

We’re expecting the first batch of modular redesigns to arrive mid August. This will accept a MSB Pro ISL module, I’m sure there will be some adjusting and tuning involved in getting this all working properly, October/November would be nice.
Excellent news. I believe this will be a game changer for MSB DACs when we will get rid of USB.

Thank you very much, Emile ??

Reactions: Taiko Audio
We’re expecting the first batch of modular redesigns to arrive mid August. This will accept a MSB Pro ISL module
...Emile is the ISL module a dev effort by MSB which then piggy-backs onto the new Taiko parent board? Or do we use the existing fiber input into MSB devices, with Taiko outputting ISL signal from "your" daughter board? If yet decided. This aspect is unclear (to me). Cheers.

...Emile is the ISL module a dev effort by MSB which then piggy-backs onto the new Taiko parent board? Or do we use the existing fiber input into MSB devices, with Taiko outputting ISL signal from "your" daughter board? If yet decided. This aspect is unclear (to me). Cheers.

As it looks now MSB would provide the PRO ISL module which plugs into our interface “carrier” board. But they have that design part ready, I mainly expect some additional design efforts surrounding the software drivers.

@Taiko Audio Have you had any recent discussions with Lukasz about the Lampizatora?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu