The Uptone Audio EtherRegen audiophile switch

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Yes, I think Adrian has mentioned you to me. I recognize because of your very fine system listed in your signature. BTW, I also like autoformer level control. I have a Slagleformer 47-position silver wire wound. Amazingly transparent.
Telephone Adrian at the end of next week and he may have a surprise to share with you. ;)
Hello Alex,
I am surprised that Adrian knows that I am one of the early pre-order customers, bcos my friends and I ordered via my friend Mr. Ho.

BTW I consider my Bent Audio 4-copper slagleformers balanced preamp a steal, but the Emia 4-silver slagleformers balanced preamp of a frd of mine being much better.
Currently I use mostly a Bespoke Silver preamp and my Bent Audio is a backup.

Blackmorec

Feb 1, 2019
Hi all,
At the moment I’m more than happy with my AQVox, DC3 LPS and Neotech 7N UPOCC DC cable combination.

Will an EtherRegen sound better? Probably....most likely I’d say given the details Alex has already provided. But given that I’m a happy camper at the moment I’m planning on letting the initial ordering enthusiasm abate a little (well done Alex for generating such enthusiasm in such an entertaining way. Awesome o_O)

I’m now looking forward to the first installations and reading the jaw dropping accounts of listeners transported to live events and artists making personal appearances in listening rooms. Beyond that I’m waiting to hear how the EtherRegen’s SMPS fares, whether the EtherRegen is indeed impervious to the charms of a good LPS, what the most effective cables are, whether DC cables make a difference etc. When all that’s a matter of record, I’ll place my order. In the meantime happy listening to all you punters with an EtherRegen on the way...Even i (with no skin in the game) am hoping it lives up to all the expectations that Alex has successfully whet our appetites with.....can’t wait to hear. This could be a real engineering achievement in the evolution of digital sound fidelity....I’m really hoping so....

Last edited:

Superdad

Apr 22, 2015
Hello Alex,
I am surprised that Adrian knows that I am one of the early pre-order customers, bcos my friends and I ordered via my friend Mr. Ho.

I could easily be mistaken. So many people, so many e-mails...:D

BTW I consider my Bent Audio 4-copper slagleformers balanced preamp a steal, but the Emia 4-silver slagleformers balanced preamp of a frd of mine being much better.

Indeed the silver Slagleformers are quite special. I’m looking at doing a DIY to turn this 47-position Elma-switch mechanism version into a remote control unit.

Reactions: CKKeung

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
EtherRegen looks the bill re performance/price ratio. Its nice to see that truly well engineered products can be pitched at real world prices. It means that when I finally dive into streaming there will be a reasonably priced upgrade/improvement path, incl items like EtherRegen.

I can imagine this fitting in nicely w Innuos Zenith/Phoenix usb reclocker, or Sonore Signature Rendu Optical/SonicTransporter i5.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Afterdark Audio, the Uptone Audio retailer in HK has received a sample EtherRegen.

The boss Adrian is designing some cabon fiber addon tweaks/mods for the EtherRegen.

IMG-20191023-WA0105~3.jpg

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
They already have mods in mind without having the unit for very long?

• Haha
Reactions: johndoe21ro

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Adrian got it a few weeks ago.
Sent it to a customer for home trial too.
The initial impression is very very promising.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
That’s good to hear. My order is in the first batch to be shipped around 11/15.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Mine in the second :mad:

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
The first batch sold out in under 15 minutes. Crazy.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Oh no, in less than 4 minutes. I received the confirmation email from Uptone at 9:04 and it was already out of the first batch and for about 20 orders.

Hieukm

Oct 2, 2016
Dear Ckkeung,

Since the first Etheregen has been delivered and given impression, please kindly pass your impression of etheregen vs sotm switch.

Superdad

Apr 22, 2015

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Dear Ckkeung,

Since the first Etheregen has been delivered and given impression, please kindly pass your impression of etheregen vs sotm switch.
The EtherRegens of my frds and I will be delivered to us today.
We shall have an audiophile gathering on Thurs.
Will update you/WBF brothers for sure!

Reactions: Superdad

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Afterdark Audio, the Uptone Audio retailer in HK has received a sample EtherRegen.

The boss Adrian is designing some cabon fiber addon tweaks/mods for the EtherRegen.

View attachment 58092
Beware of these types of modifications. EtherRegen gets quite hot and should be able to dissipate heat.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Beware of these types of modifications. EtherRegen gets quite hot and should be able to dissipate heat.

I completely agree. I received my ER yesterday and it is not just warm. It is hot. Anything that reduces the air flow around the unit would be detrimental.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I wanted to wait at least 2 days and after 4-5 listening sessions to post my initial feedback.

The biggest difference I am noticing is a big drop in the noise floor. Whatever was there before is no longer masking some of the finer details in the music. While one can play the music lower because of this, I am finding that I want to play the music louder because it is that more pleasing and there is zero fatigue.

It goes without saying that the “bang for the buck” with the EtherREGEN is extremely high.

Anyone who is running Ethernet into either a DAC, server or end point could benefit by inserting one of these.

Reactions: caesar and CKKeung

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing