Zero Distortion: Tango Time

She sent me an email saying only one word...magnificent! (in French ... "magnifique").
So that word is for you Tang, from Mom (she's 85).
A "magnifique" from your mom gives me great pride, Bob. I wish her the very best health.

Kindest regards,
Tang

If your wife had cooked for him I would probably have ended up visiting you to eat then gone back to his to listen to records.
What make you think that you are even remotely in the equation dear Ked.

Tang :p

This is one of the first record I bought from the General. The Paganini 24 Caprises, Itzhak Perlman. EMI ASD3384. Excellent recording...very natural. The video is on a popular Caprise 24. Later on I will post one played by Kogan. Some part his violin sounded like he was lip whistling. Kogan performance is out of this world. But the recording I have does not sound as good as this one

Last edited:

1:07:49 is Caprice 24 different spectral balance and not as vibrant or dimensional but its the complete recording though an Angel reissue I think which is a Japanese pressing see top left corner

I like the Schlomo Mink version also on Lp
was disappointed by my Salvatore Accordo LP

can I ask which turntable this was played on and Cartidge

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthStar
The Ricci is very good I have above as well as Ricci stereo and mono. The Michael Rabin is supposed to be great but I haven't heard the record. Julia Fisher did the second caprice as encore after performing the Beethoven concerto in summer at Barbican

I like this a little slower but wonderful clarity on the multiple stops section and precision

Reactions: NorthStar
The Ricci is very good I have above as well as Ricci stereo and mono. The Michael Rabin is supposed to be great but I haven't heard the record. Julia Fisher did the second caprice as encore after performing the Beethoven concerto in summer at Barbican

Ricci mono

1:07:49 is Caprice 24 different spectral balance and not as vibrant or dimensional but its the complete recording though an Angel reissue I think which is a Japanese pressing see top left corner

I like the Schlomo Mink version also on Lp
was disappointed by my Salvatore Accordo LP

can I ask which turntable this was played on and Cartidge
Hi awsmone,

Your video of Perlman 24 Caprises is the same album I have on video...except for different pressings. Mine is EMI GB not Angel Jap. I played with AS2000/MasterSig/3012R as usual.

Btw, I just bought a bamboo mat to try.

Tang :)

Awsmone and I have an Austrasia secret hand shake.

Reactions: christoph
@christoph I bet you don't have this exotic drying technology in Lichtenstein. ;)
We boring People from Liechtenstein use boring towels to dry our feet.
But it works really great :D

I envy Christoph's spectacular view of Liechtenstein behind his system. So I decided to take out my absorber panels at front wall to let some light and view of tree top into my room. Voila! Good sound actually comes with light and open view now ;).

I feel better just looking at this new view ;)

I envy Christoph's spectacular view of Liechtenstein behind his system. So I decided to take out my absorber panels at front wall to let some light and view of tree top into my room. Voila! Good sound actually comes with light and open view now ;).

Much better!

I never realised they’re windows behind
is the centre panel a window or door?

Reactions: jeff1225

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu