Zero Distortion: Tango Time

Mahler 2 the Resurrection,Klemperer.

Bruckner 9,Schuricht.

Bruckner 8,Schuricht,

Midsummer Night's Dream,Maag.

Mozart 38,Maag

Tchaikovsky 4,Wolff.

Beethoven Eroica,Szell

Beethoven 9,Furtwangler(purist),Schuricht or Szell joint second(IMO).

Please acquire the best pressings of the above?

Kindest regards,G.

agreed if u just want one symphony it’s Mahler 2

hope u can hear the Tuba and contrabasson ;), great tympani sound , and that pure Berlin Brass sound !

Last edited:
I must admit I'm still crushing on different Zigeunerweisen performances... I've pretty much gone Pokemon on them. I'm even listening to some kinda brutally brash ones (mastering/production) - I think this one is fantastic no matter the quality of album. ML5253

Last edited:
I must admit I'm still crushing on different Zigeunerweisen performances... I've pretty will gone Pokemon on them. I'm even listening to some kinda brutally brash ones (mastering/production) - I think this one is fantastic no matter the quality of album. ML5253

yes I like this version very much

here the composer version :)

I must admit I'm still crushing on different Zigeunerweisen performances... I've pretty will gone Pokemon on them. I'm even listening to some kinda brutally brash ones (mastering/production) - I think this one is fantastic no matter the quality of album. ML5253

I have this record too Folsom. This version sounds more romantic to me ... I would have guessed coming from a female violinist.

I have a few Scheherazade from various conductors. This one by Y.Svetlanov is like pushing nitrus button on my American Sound. Bonzo is a Scheherazade guy but I doubt he could handle this :p. This is a remastered of a 1969 concert of USSR State Symphony Orchestra. The pressing is very very good imo. Melodiya C10 01767 004. Different type sound from those of Analog Production.

Apologize for my on going process of room acoustic adjustment. Just listen to music.97767E96-4208-4F0F-BA2A-BBA311D6A296.jpeg

Edited: Just replaced the video with the correct speed on now. @Bonzo You should do your job more properly giving me head up everytime I mistakenly posted something.

Last edited:
I have a few Scheherazade from various conductors. This one by Y.Svetlanov is like pushing nitrus button on my American Sound. Bonzo is a Scheherazade guy but I doubt he could handle this :p. This is a remastered of a 1969 concert of USSR State Symphony Orchestra. The pressing is very very good imo. Melodiya C10 01767 004. Different type sound from those of Analog Production.

Apologize for my on going process of room acoustic adjustment. Just listen to music.View attachment 59725
Wow! That’s fast. in fact, to my ears the timing sounds ‘off’ as though it’s been mastered at the incorrect speed and it also sounds increased in pitch. Just how I hear it over the iPad speakers

Wow! That’s fast. in fact, to my ears the timing sounds ‘off’ as though it’s been mastered at the incorrect speed and it also sounds increased in pitch. Just how I hear it over the iPad speakers
You are correct. It was played at45. I was playing 45 and put this vinyl in KL for cleaning. I thought I had already changed the speed. Silly me.

Reactions: Folsom
I am replacing my glass desk with this wooden table to fool myself that my sound is 11.2% more "natural."

20191212_100026.jpg

You can guess i am in bkk traffic. :p

Can you please share a video one with glass table and one with wooden?

Reactions: gian60 and Hieukm
Can you please share a video one with glass table and one with wooden?
Only if you promise to say my system sounds "Fantastic" four times in this forum my dear Ked.

Btw guys. These days Bonzo is taking class to cook fish so you won't be hearing any new system impression from him. Let's hope he can cook better than he can hear.

545D4E65-38C2-4882-B70D-AEBA2EE5C4F8.jpeg

Reactions: Folsom
Had great weekend tweaking the turntables and listening to truly great recordings on vinyl

The acoustic sounds has great tracks for dialing in cartridges

the b side of the sheffield labs has two of my favourites pieces, and the brass sound and timpani and bass drum are superb, and the overall dynamics

Attachments

• 38CC41E2-C1D5-48F6-B679-60EAB61035D5.jpeg
    38CC41E2-C1D5-48F6-B679-60EAB61035D5.jpeg
    565.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 927102EC-82FD-42E8-BC74-70AF0EF8B069.jpeg
    927102EC-82FD-42E8-BC74-70AF0EF8B069.jpeg
    236.8 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: ack
Had great weekend tweaking the turntables and listening to truly great recordings on vinyl

The acoustic sounds has great tracks for dialing in cartridges

the b side of the sheffield labs has two of my favourites pieces, and the brass sound and timpani and bass drum are superb, and the overall dynamics

I also had a listen to that same Sheffield Labs LP this weekend :) I actually had a long session with quite a few classical d2d records I have, and I really love how some can sound less constrained than tape transfers .

Yes
I also had a listen to that same Sheffield Labs LP this weekend :) I actually had a long session with quite a few classical d2d records I have, and I really love how some can sound less constrained than tape transfers .

i managed to pick up a whole bunch maybe 150 D2D

they are not all good, but the live quality and the dynamic range are impressive

on the Rhine journey from the softness of the opening tympani to the full brass choral section is quite a dynamic contrast

plus the double basses are beautifully captured in their recording

Reactions: kodomo
So I was at record store flipping through mostly classical I've seen before and don't want... I then happened to see a Scheherazade on RCA. I thought, "hmm, well Tang is listening to them, I'll at least look it up." It looked like reissue RCA, so I was thinking well, it's not LSC so probably junk. It turns out that it's a reissue of LM-1954, which means that the original probably is sucky, and the only thing like an "LSC" version is this one, the VICS-1444. It also turns out it sounds pretty good. It's got a different sound than the LSC that scoring an S1-S3 on isn't so easy. It's kind of a warmer take on the performance, but also pretty dynamic.

Please note I didn't engage my turbo button for this -

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu