Zero Distortion: Tango Time

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
May I ask what you do when the spindle hole of a vinyl is too small for your tt spindle...apart from doing a fist pump directly onto the platter.

Kind regards,
Tang

Reactions: bonzo75

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
In the general's room you will see a section dedicated to Morini. You can get some Tang. She is famous for that devil's trill (as is Oistrakh) and Tchaikovsky among other things.
Thank you.

Tang :)

zerostargeneral

Apr 14, 2018
Rockitman,

Great five ball from Bob the orange,grand slam no trumps with aplomb.

Tasteful purchases indeed.

Kindest regards,G.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
May I ask what you do when the spindle hole of a vinyl is too small for your tt spindle...apart from doing a fist pump directly onto the platter.

Kind regards,
Tang

Hi Tang

Get a small straight edge knife that goes small to large thickness. just pop the knife into the hole til it reach's the inside of the vinyl hole. twist it around a little so a small bit of the vinyl inside the hole is slightly shaved - Gentle and consistent circular motion. check if it then fits onto the spindle - repeat on other side if close.

Reactions: bonzo75

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
@Shane @tima. Thank you very much.

Tang

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Then again, don't underestimate the hi-end world of audiophile manufactory to offer creative solutions for multi-bling systems. The people at ClearAudio have you covered with a precsion made ultra-sharp drill bit complemented by an elegant ergonomic aluminum handle. The Clearaudio LP Drill has that beautiful fit 'n finish you've come to expect ... and deserve. $50 USD.

ACLALPD.jpg

Reactions: Lagonda and bonzo75

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
LOL my knives from the kitchen draw have never let me down ;)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
This stuff literally makes me contemplate digital. Why don't I enjoy rock'n'roll anymore... cursed with the classical bug.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
This stuff literally makes me contemplate digital. Why don't I enjoy rock'n'roll anymore... cursed with the classical bug.

Classical sounds great through a Lampi. DHT purity, continuity and flow, loads of drive and stage and slam bang. I think people should stay digital or if they go analog, get good analog recordings.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

Kind regards,
Tang

You can get a fine cut round file 8 mm diameter that starts at 5- 6 mm increasing the diameter progressively at the top. Use it gently from both sides of the hole, stopping in the zone that corresponds to the desired diameter.

A good alternative is using a 5mm round wood stick wrapped in 180 sand paper. I would stay away from hard cutting devices - they usually enlarge the holes asymmetrically if manually handled.

a1.jpg

Reactions: Lagonda and bonzo75

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Then again, don't underestimate the hi-end world of audiophile manufactory to offer creative solutions for multi-bling systems. The people at ClearAudio have you covered with a precsion made ultra-sharp drill bit complemented by an elegant ergonomic aluminum handle. The Clearaudio LP Drill has that beautiful fit 'n finish you've come to expect ... and deserve. $50 USD.

View attachment 50538
I am asian Tima. You need to show me the one in gold.

Tang ;)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
LOL my knives from the kitchen draw have never let me down ;)
If my wife see me with her sushi knife doing this she probably will smash my records.

Tang :eek:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
This funny thought flashed to my mind.

If Christian's lady got upset at him and hold his Oistrakh Scottish Fantasy uphigh, he probably says no no no not that one please..

Lol.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
This funny thought flashed to my mind.

If Christian's lady got upset at him and hold his Oistrakh Scottish Fantasy uphigh, he probably says no no no not that one please..

Lol.
Tang, they’ll have you both by the Kogans... from memory Ked’s other half can bench press even more than him so his Kogans are seriously in jeopardy.

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Tang, they’ll have you both by the Kogans... from memory Ked’s other half can bench press even more than him so his Kogans are seriously in jeopardy.

No she can squat a 100 kg and dead lift that. Bench I am still the man

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing