David Karmeli’s Bionor/Lamm/AS-2000 Audio System

Later they added as first sentence :
Due to the extremely high number of inquiries, I can only respond if the interested party provides me with their telephone number and email address.

Classic spam

We are taking about an ad for a speaker system like in the thread title,
I have been in contact with these people before, the speakers are real,
their intentions probably fraudulent.

You talk about my reply ?
The content of your reply; in other words the strategy of the advertiser to avoid contact with excuses.

And the plot thickens, grandaddys speakers from the 50's ! :eek: Jürgen it is time to fire up the van again ! Just leave your phone number and email address so you can be manipulated without the scrutiny of fraud prevention. If i lived in Germany i would go for it, there is still a 5% chance it is legitimate ! ;) I retrieved my first MBL 9011 amp in Polen at a ridiculously low price, a non English/German speaker had tried selling it for awhile, it looked like a scam and google street cam had made a mistake on his address. I had a friend of mine make his Polish trophy wife call the guy up, she said he sounded legit, i then booked a ferry ticket and drove to Gdansk !:rolleyes:

The story around it is the same as before. Of course this can not be your parents system ;)

So, did anybody get in contact with these people ? Please report here (or with private message).

Hi everyone,

please excuse my poor english, I just registered here to answer the last questions: The Bionors were real, the seller was intimidated, due to very bad experiences he made selling an EMT 927 years ago. He inherited rare audio gear from his father and asked his son to advertise the Bionors.

The Bionors are complete and original except for some bolts and nuts that are newer. They were sitting unused in a studio for the last three decades. The KL L-302 compression drivers are a very good matching pair with original diaphragms, the bass speakers are also in very good original condition, so is all the woodwork.

I own an original JBL Paragon from around 1970, JBL Everest DD-66000, JBL 4350, first series from 1973 with aquaplas coating on the bass drivers, early JBL Olympus with S7 load, Altec 604D "Super Duplex" in custom made cabinets etc. and so I can do comparisions with a certain background regarding older, respectively vintage horn speakers.

Im deeply impressed by the sound of the Bionors, they have a special quality that I didn't expect and that touches me deeply.

So don't blame the sellers, they were real and had made very bad experiences with people, mostly dealers who tried to get vintage audio gear for unfair prices. They even supported and organized the transport, I spent a day with them, impeccable and gentle people.

10 years ago I had a similiar experience, a student in Berlin offered an early EMT 927 / R80 he was given for free from an older friend and former studio employee via a german HiFi forum. People blamed him, no one took the offer for serious but the EMT was real and very affordable, so I bought him.

There are also buyers with bad and sometimes criminal intentions.

Best regards

Michael

Last edited:
Attention, this is a fraudulent offer which was canceled at "Kleinanzeigen" (small ads) before.
The user account was suspended. Later they tried to sell this pair for cash by a middleman.
This ad was cancelled because someone here in Germany who offers a pair of not so original and modified Bionors for a price way higher than the pair offered on "Audiomarkt" and "Kleinanzeigen" compromised the seller in a very strange way...

Hi everyone,

please excuse my poor english, I just registered here to answer the last questions: The Bionors were real, the seller was intimidated, due to very bad experiences he made selling an EMT 927 years ago. He inherited rare audio gear from his father and asked his son to advertise the Bionors.

The Bionors are complete and original except for some bolts and nuts that are newer. They were sitting unused in a studio for the last three decades. The KL L-302 compression drivers are a very good matching pair with original diaphragms, the bass speakers are also in very good original condition, so is all the woodwork.

I own an original JBL Paragon from around 1970, JBL Everest DD-66000, JBL 4350, first series from 1973 with aquaplas coating on the bass drivers, early JBL Olympus with S7 load, Altec 604D "Super Duplex" in custom made cabinets etc. and so I can do comparisions with a certain background regarding older, respectively vintage horn speakers.

Im deeply impressed by the sound of the Bionors, they have a special quality that I didn't expect and that touches me deeply.

So don't blame the sellers, they were real and had made very bad experiences with people, mostly dealers who tried to get vintage audio gear for unfair prices. They even supported and organized the transport, I spent a day with them, impeccable and gentle people.

10 years ago I had a similiar experience, a student in Berlin offered an early EMT 927 / R80 he was given for free from an older friend and former studio employee via a german HiFi forum. People blamed him, no one took the offer for serious but the EMT was real and very affordable, so I bought him.

There are also buyers with bad and sometimes criminal intentions.

Best regards

Michael
Welcome to WBF!

Congratulations, Michael, on getting Bionors!

Can you tell us about your listening room and your audio components, please?

Wow! Congratulations! That is big news...look forward to reading more about them if/when you have some time...and you're not too busy enjoying your speakers!

Most intrigued by your name FLHX84 - front loaded horn? Are you using them for bass?

Most intrigued by your name FLHX84 - front loaded horn? Are you using them for bass?

The Bionor are front loading horns, though rather shallow with not a huge mouth.

Congratulations FLHX84. Great find. The one pair I’ve heard is simply phenomenal in its system context. What is in the rest of your system?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing