Is criticism to be frowned upon?

'Red Herring' alert.

Amir, you are trying to manipulate the issues here by making this personal.

either make a case for the crap you are writing or withdraw it. "People tell me"......what does that mean? either I posted it or I did not. who knows me to justify what you are writing?

this is completely about the direction of the forum. period. it's nothing personal. it's nothing personal. it's nothing personal.

what is with all these personal comments?
Your entire post is personal and accuses me of this and that while stating you have nothing against me. So I addressed how you come across as anything but my friend.

Regardless, tell us what direction I am pushing the forum.

Amir,

below are recent posts of mine addressing the direction of WBF. I have no personal problem with anyone including you or Blizzard. my issue is how the posting of you and Blizzard is pushing WBF in a direction I don't care for. it's not a right or wrong issue for me. it's only whether I like it or not. if this forum or any forum has value to me I will work to keep it working for me before I simply go somewhere else. which is what the posts below represent, my efforts to keep WBF acceptable to me. when the forum was originally put together Steve asked me to join to add credibility to it and content too. it was suppose to be a friendly place to high end audio. that is what I desire. it's not that way now as I view it.

so you do what you need to do, and I will do what I need to do. but really; we have little in common on these issues. if you want me to stop pointing out that you are taking the forum in a direction I don't like then stop doing that. but i'm not saying you are a bad guy, i'm saying you want a different forum than I want. and clearly you have your own cheering section who enjoy debunking high end perspectives. maybe that is where WBF is headed. if so, then it's not the place for me.

I've never said I cannot handle criticism to myself, others, or any products. but there is a respectful way to do that and there is the wild wild west. and maybe i'm all by myself as far as I what I want about that issue. I speak for no one but myself. and we all judge for ourselves through our own truth prism. the forum members and their actions will ultimately make it what it is.

do I want to be with those who have left WBF or those who are here? or do i need to have to make that choice?

that is for me to decide.

I do stand by what I say below as my beliefs. but i'm not perfect and don't claim to always be a certain way. OTOH I think i do use reasonable discretion the majority of the time. as you know, time and time again I've deleted posts i made in haste when i took something too personal and later thought better of it. or even apologized. i'm very passionate about this hobby and as committed to it as anyone.

from the closed thread;

I have only been a member here for a short time, but completely agree with, and endorse, Mike's comments and sentiments.

The standard of behaviour online should be no different face to face. One should always conduct oneself as a gentleman, and expect the same in return. Or in more simple terms speak as you wish to be spoken to.

I have actually been quite shocked at how aggressive this forum is. Frankly I have little interest in contributing much here, as it currently stands. As Mike says those of us with some degree of decorum will simply go elsewhere to share our hobby if all that is experienced here is relentless attack.

On a personal note I find Blizzard's posts particularly grating: here is an obviously young man with great energy and enthusiasm, and like Mike, I applaud that. What I don't care for is someone who assumes an ascendancy to others. Experience is something that is undergone, not taught or read about.

I had hoped to be welcomed to a friendly forum full of decent people who allowed others to post and speak with attack. That to date has not been my experience.

Your entire post is personal and accuses me of this and that while stating you have nothing against me. So I addressed how you come across as anything but my friend.

Not how I read it.

Last edited:
Amir,

below are recent posts of mine addressing the direction of WBF. I have no personal problem with anyone including you or Blizzard. my issue is how the posting of you and Blizzard is pushing WBF in a direction I don't care for. it's not a right or wrong issue for me. it's only whether I like it or not. if this forum or any forum has value to me I will work to keep it working for me before I simply go somewhere else. which is what the posts below represent, my efforts to keep WBF acceptable to me. when the forum was originally put together Steve asked me to join to add credibility to it and content too. it was suppose to be a friendly place to high end audio. that is what I desire. it's not that way now as I view it.

so you do what you need to do, and I will do what I need to do. but really; we have little in common on these issues. if you want me to stop pointing out that you are taking the forum in a direction I don't like then stop doing that. but i'm not saying you are a bad guy, i'm saying you want a different forum than I want. and clearly you have your own cheering section who enjoy debunking high end perspectives. maybe that is where WBF is headed. if so, then it's not the place for me.

I've never said I cannot handle criticism to myself, others, or any products. but there is a respectful way to do that and there is the wild wild west. and maybe i'm all by myself as far as I what I want about that issue. I speak for no one but myself. and we all judge for ourselves through our own truth prism. the forum members and their actions will ultimately make it what it is.

do I want to be with those who have left WBF or those who are here? or do i need to have to make that choice?

that is for me to decide.

I do stand by what I say below as my beliefs. but i'm not perfect and don't claim to always be a certain way. OTOH I think i do use reasonable discretion the majority of the time. as you know, time and time again I've deleted posts i made in haste when i took something too personal and later thought better of it. or even apologized. i'm very passionate about this hobby and as committed to it as anyone.

from the closed thread;

Hi Mike,

I have 2 questions.

What is wrong with the information that I'm sharing?

In which way would anyone be harmed if they choose to take my advice on any of the information I have shared on this forum?

I have only been a member here for a short time, but completely agree with, and endorse, Mike's comments and sentiments.

The standard of behaviour online should be no different face to face. One should always conduct oneself as a gentleman, and expect the same in return. Or in more simple terms speak as you wish to be spoken to.

I have actually been quite shocked at how aggressive this forum is. Frankly I have little interest in contributing much here, as it currently stands. As Mike says those of us with some degree of decorum will simply go elsewhere to share our hobby if all that is experienced here is relentless attack.

On a personal note I find Blizzard's posts particularly grating: here is an obviously young man with great energy and enthusiasm, and like Mike, I applaud that. What I don't care for is someone who assumes an ascendancy to others. Experience is something that is undergone, not taught or read about.

I had hoped to be welcomed to a friendly forum full of decent people who allowed others to post and speak with attack. That to date has not been my experience.

If you don't like the advice I share, don't listen. But speak for yourself because many others come on forums to learn things. If you don't go on forums to read about things, what do you go on them for?

Cheers guys , hate to be part of this type regime..there is one member here who is the problem and the divisive force , even the other co founder of the forum seems to agree.. so consider me sanctioned ..or do I need to say more to get the 2nd click

If you don't like the advice I share, don't listen. But speak for yourself because many others come on forums to learn things. If you don't go on forums to read about things, what do you go on them for?

Blizzard with respect I don't come here to read your posts or learn from you; it assumes you have something of value to add to my understanding and experience, which I do not believe you have. You post in a high handed and confrontational style and assume expert status on all things digital when it is apparent you have almost zero experience with high end equipment and systems.

In any event perhaps you might adopt a more respectful tone with your elders and frankly betters when you post, and desist from wanting to be heard on everything everywhere.

Amir, you are much better than this. Please apologise to Mike and return to normal programming.

Edit: I have no idea why I am bothering even posting here. So shall quietly leave you all to it at this juncture an go back to enjoying my music.

Blizzard with respect I don't come here to read your posts or learn from you; it assumes you have something of value to add to my understanding and experience, which I do not believe you have. You post in a high handed and confrontational style and assume expert status on all things digital when it is apparent you have almost zero experience with high end equipment and systems.

In any event perhaps you might adopt a more respectful tone with your elders and frankly betters when you post, and desist from wanting to be heard on everything everywhere.

Amir, you are much better than this. Please apologise to Mike and return to normal programming.

Edit: I have no idea why I am bothering even posting here. So shall quietly leave you all to it at this juncture an go back to enjoying my music.

Agree all down the line Andrew. Thanks for posting.

Off topic. Love your avatar. Can you provide more info?

This comment clearly proves that's it very obvious that you are clueless when it comes to audio. Because most of what I share is common knowledge among the professionals in the industry. I have been building audio equipment for 20 years, and following the industry like a hawk ever since. I seek my advice from the true professionals who make the audio gear, not magazines or salesmen at audio stores.

If you haven't noticed, the aggressiveness and attacks aren't coming from me, they have been directed at me. I'm just simply sharing information.

Agree all down the line Andrew. Thanks for posting.

Off topic. Love your avatar. Can you provide more info?

Pleasure. The loud voices of young men with large chips on their shoulders are tiring, at best.

Yes - the artist is Shefqet Avdush Emini - I rather like his work: http://www.shefqet.com/

@ Blizzard - sigh - some insight into your online behaviour would be a good thing, I suggest. I'm not going to get into an online brawl with you, or anyone else. My experience in life, which is considerably more than yours, has taught me to listen quietly with an open mind to all points of view, without proclaiming superiority of this or that. It is just possible that someone may in fact have an understanding or insight you do not, and may in fact have a point of view which while different to yours may have validity.

Last edited:

Amir; nothing i wrote judges you personally. it comments only on the direction of the forum. you seem to be hung up on whether i like you. it's not the issue. get over it. no one cares whether i like you. truly. and no one cares whether we are friends. i suppose we could be friends who disagree.

truth be told; the forum you push us toward will result in many fewer 'trio amigo' type happenings.

Regardless, tell us what direction I am pushing the forum.

i'll have to ponder how to articulate that exactly. my above quoted posts get into it some.

Pleasure. The loud voices of young men with large chips on their shoulders are tiring, at best.

Yes - the artist is Shefqet Avdush Emini - I rather like his work: http://www.shefqet.com/

@ Blizzard - sigh - some insight into your online behaviour would be a good thing, I suggest. I'm not going to get into an online brawl with you, or anyone else. My experience in life, which is considerably more than yours, has taught me to listen quietly with an open mind to all points of view, without proclaiming superiority of this or that. It is just possible that someone may in fact have an understanding or insight you do not, and may in fact have a point of view which while different to yours may have validity.

Ok that's perfectly fine to have other opinions. But if your going to bash or try to debunk the information that I share, back it up and explain why the information I'm sharing is incorrect. Most of the people bashing me don't even have a clue what they are talking about, and bashing me simply because it's something they didn't know. If I'm sharing some information, the reason I'm sharing it is because it's either from first hand experience, or thorough research.

Last edited:
Hi Mike,

I have 2 questions.

What is wrong with the information that I'm sharing?

In which way would anyone be harmed if they choose to take my advice on any of the information I have shared on this forum?

i've written three answers to your post and was not comfortable with any of them.

I respect your intentions.......and agree with Andrew's comments.

i've written three answers to your post and was not comfortable with any of them.

I respect your intentions.......and agree with Andrew's comments.

How was that answering my 2 questions?

The reason you don't directly answer questions is simply because you can't. You don't have the answers. This is why you always twist things around and side step questions after first sneaking in a pile of uncalled for jabs.

How was that answering my 2 questions?

The reason you don't directly answer questions is simply because you can't. You don't have the answers. This is why you always twist things around and side step questions after first sneaking in a pile of uncalled for jabs.

ok, here goes. I did not want to go here.

you have 935 posts in 2 and 1/2 months; and the majority of them are declarative statements strongly worded. you are like a fire hose which cannot be turned off; overwhelming anything in it's path.

sure; many are helpful, and many won't hurt anything, but many are simply annoying or condescending.....and said with an authoritative perspective. and mostly directed at gear which you have never seen.

wisdom is knowing what you don't know. you have knowledge without wisdom. discretion and self awareness could be helpful.

you have 935 posts in 2 and 1/2 months; and the majority of them are declarative statements strongly worded. you are like a fire hose which cannot be turned off; overwhelming anything in it's path.

sure; many are helpful, and many won't hurt anything, but many are simply annoying or condescending.....and said with an authoritative perspective. and mostly directed at gear which you have never seen.

wisdom is knowing what you don't know. you have knowledge without wisdom. discretion and self awareness could be helpful.

So now he has heard virtually the identical words from at least half a dozen members, possibly more. It won't make a bit of difference. Tone deaf is as tone deaf does.

1/2 of those posts were simply defending the information I'm sharing, when people like you, who have no idea what I'm even talking about, try to shut me down. You are mainly referring to the GG as the equipment I've never seen, but you refuse to acknowledge that I was simply talking about the USB interface, not the GG on the GG thread. You act like your knowledgeable, yet you don't even have a clue how the USB interface works.

And everything else I share, I do have experience with. So why do you keep trying to say that I lack experience? Over and over when you have no idea, and it simply isn't true.Your just trying to slander me when you have no idea if what I'm saying is correct or not, because you have no idea yourself to begin with.

You may have lots of "listening" experience, or "equipment buying" experience, but you definately don't know much about what's inside them. And this is what you have the problem with. the fact that you simply don't want to know and don't care. You just want to push the power button, turn it on, listen to music and turn it off. and come on here to discuss how it sounded. But others are actually interested in what I'm saying. So you don't have to bring all the negativity, and try to ruin it for this crowd.

So now he has heard virtually the identical words from at least half a dozen members, possibly more. It won't make a bit of difference. Tone deaf is as tone deaf does.

Yes half a dozen of the same people over and over again with the same closed minds. While hundreds are reading and actually appreciating what I'm sharing.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing