Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

This is "the calm before the storm". When Emile and his team go quiet you can bet that good things are about to happen. Edward said they are up to their elbows in work every day as they prepare for the launch

Indeed, busy times preparing for the XDMS, network card and switch launch! And we can travel again, we visited the
Sintonie High-End Video Exhibition on March the 26/27th at Palacongressi Rimini, Italy where our distributor SBH d.o.o. Sound By Hari was demoing the Extreme.

IMG_4371.jpeg

IMG_4372.jpeg

IMG_4373.jpeg

IMG_4378.jpeg

Thanks to the advice on this thread and after many years of procrastinating, the final piece of my puzzle is finally in place. I replaced my old TV stand (with glass shelves on a metal frame....I know, I know), with something worthy of the Extreme.

Sorry team, but unfortunately I am unable to place the Extreme on the top shelf due to the operational requirements of the HE-1. ; )

IMG_1335.jpeg
IMG_1341.jpeg
IMG_1344.jpeg

IMG_1346.jpeg

Thanks to the advice on this thread and after many years of procrastinating, the final piece of my puzzle is finally in place. I replaced my old TV stand (with glass shelves on a metal frame....I know, I know), with something worthy of the Extreme.

Sorry team, but unfortunately I am unable to place the Extreme on the top shelf due to the operational requirements of the HE-1. ; )

View attachment 91304
View attachment 91305
View attachment 91306

View attachment 91307
Looking nice - - please share your sonic impressions from the change!

Reactions: onlychild
That's one serious setup! Congrats! The best of the best throughout! Look forward to reading your impressions...

Reactions: onlychild
"You Road I Enter Upon And Look Around I Believe You Are Not All That Is Here, I Believe That Much Unseen Is Also Here" Walt Whitman 1856

Reactions: oldmustang
Oh dear. Jay can't see any benefit of the Extreme in his system.

Jay can’t “see” many things, mainly because his room doesn’t allow him to explore the full benefit of his fantastic gear.

Reactions: John T
I'm going to call him Jaylol from now on.
FWIW, this is the most popular thread on WBF and has maintained it's longevity by virtue of all the information traded. Virtually every Extreme user has posted here or has been reading this thread,. There are well over 1 million views and 10,200 posts. Not once in all of the years this thread has been going have I ever read any user say they cannot hear a difference with the Taiko Extreme. I rest my case

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing