Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

I’m pretty sure he has 2 cores / raatservers active routing one through the other, that would go a long way making them sound the same, especially over Ethernet.

He upgraded from a MSB Reference to the MSB Select. He could hear plenty difference with the Reference but is under the impression that difference is not there with the Select, aka the Select being immune to the source where the Reference is not. Obviously the differences between the Reference and Select are in other areas.

I’m pretty sure he has 2 cores / raatservers active routing one through the other, that would go a long way making them sound the same, especially over Ethernet.

He upgraded from a MSB Reference to the MSB Select. He could hear plenty difference with the Reference but is under the impression that difference is not there with the Select, aka the Select being immune to the source where the Reference is not. Obviously the differences between the Reference and Select are in other areas.
I'm sure he will provide the technical explanation in his next video.

For that money this system is a shame. Very hifi sound. I know Extreme well, the problem is elsewhere This is my Taiko with Horizon for a 1/4 of the cost of Jay’s:
Great tune, Laszlo and it sounds really good on your system. I know it's Clapton doing Layla live and acoustic, but which album please?

Steve

Is this acoustic guitar? Sure not from MTV unplugged.

Is this acoustic guitar? Sure not from MTV unplugged.
I figured it out -- The Lady In The Balcony, The Lockdown Sessions. The album cover shows Eric with an acoustic guitar. The guitar is shown separately mic'd for the recording on the music video:

Steve Z

I agree with Armsan, with the level of gear this dude Jay gets to play with. His room looks totally inadequate and undersized. He "was" adamant about AudioQuest Dragon High Current with Mephisto. In no way am I bad mouthing AudioQuest. However these Power Cables (IMHO) are far from the best choice with this AMP. Unnatural, edgy, and the list go's on. Furthermore who does a YouTube demo (Mephisto Stereo) in low bias?? This makes no sense...

Reactions: Armsan
I agree with Armsan, with the level of gear this dude Jay gets to play with. His room looks totally inadequate and undersized. He "was" adamant about AudioQuest Dragon High Current with Mephisto. In no way am I bad mouthing AudioQuest. However these Power Cables (IMHO) are far from the best choice with this AMP. Unnatural, edgy, and the list go's on. Furthermore who does a YouTube demo (Mephisto Stereo) in low bias?? This makes no sense...
Hey, he’s got his band of faithful followers

FWIW, this is the most popular thread on WBF and has maintained it's longevity by virtue of all the information traded. Virtually every Extreme user has posted here or has been reading this thread,. There are well over 1 million views and 10,200 posts. Not once in all of the years this thread has been going have I ever read any user say they cannot hear a difference with the Taiko Extreme. I rest my case
I'd be very curious what he feels bests it , it sure ain't his W20SE .

quick question to All.
I was wondering how many of Extreme owners use grounding boxes ( entreq or tripoint) ?
How much benefit you see with that and if you isolate extreme from others ( dac, pre, amps) ?
thank you

quick question to All.
I was wondering how many of Extreme owners use grounding boxes ( entreq or tripoint) ?
How much benefit you see with that and if you isolate extreme from others ( dac, pre, amps) ?
thank you
I do not at this moment.

quick question to All.
thank you
I use Nordost QKORE signal grounding boxes in all of my rooms. I have the Extreme plus dac, preamps, amps connected in three different listening rooms. Noticeable positive results with each component connected and you can pull the ground wires out and re-connect with the system on and I can hear an immediate difference. Love that, vs. having to wait 200 hours to hear a difference.

I use Nordost QKORE signal grounding boxes in all of my rooms. I have the Extreme plus dac, preamps, amps connected in three different listening rooms. Noticeable positive results with each component connected and you can pull the ground wires out and re-connect with the system on and I can hear an immediate difference. Love that, vs. having to wait 200 hours to hear a difference.
Thank you
From what you mentioned it has deep, immediate and positive effect in your system.

Some are totally aginst it , others love it.
I know Emile had some Setchi devices working in simmilar way.
not sure what kind of „dust” mixture he used but some had very good results with them.

Thank you
From what you mentioned it has deep, immediate and positive effect in your system.

Some are totally aginst it , others love it.
I know Emile had some Setchi devices working in simmilar way.
not sure what kind of „dust” mixture he used but some had very good results with them.
I am not against it but when I tried it, it made things worse. I tried it on all my front end gear.

Reactions: Zeotrope
I would be curious what Emile’s @Taiko Audio current view is on grounding boxes with the Extreme.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing