Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Your Music volume is greyed out..your not logged into it....

ACHiPo

Feb 22, 2015
Pleasanton, CA

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
I'm finally getting around to downloading files I've purchased through Qobuz on to the Extreme drive. I've run into a roadblock. I can't seem to find a way to transfer the files from Qobuz to the Extreme. I've tried for two days to reach Qobuz for Help but the company appears to be run by careless bots.

I've purchased the album, downloaded the album and followed the instructions in the Taiko manual to log in and have what looks like the correct window to which to drag the files into. I've included a couple of screenshots. Help appreciated!

View attachment 96954 View attachment 96955 View attachment 96956
Wil's MAC needed a reboot, and now it reliably connects to the Extreme D:Music drive/Folder

The Folder icon was changed to a Hard Drive icon to make it more easily visible for dragging and dropping to

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
while gapless is still a work in progress, is there any fundamental obstacle to having gapless playback plus the ability to skip ahead, both within a track and to skip and entire track?
There are several ways to get the gap between tracks so short as to be unnoticeable, but we are treading carefully so as to not degrade SQ

Christiaan Punter

Hi all, feast your eyes on some nice screenshots of the upcoming XDMS software. I know the release is much-anticipated and I don't mean to tease, so sorry if I am...;-)

As for the projected release date, all we can say is ASAP!

Disclaimer: these screens are pretty much final but we may still change certain subtleties.

Homepage – 7.png

No Player Available – 1.png

Album Mid-Size Art – 1.png

Homepage.png
My Lbrary Album.png
Album Full-Size Art.png

Last edited:

Christiaan Punter

Reactions: MusicFellow

ctydwn

Aug 23, 2019
Those screen shots look incredible, ratchet up the anticipation and can only imagine if it sounds half as good as it looks.
Love that the source and format type are readily apparent. Everything clean crisp and seemingly intuitive. Definitely appreciate the ongoing efforts and persistence in the face of inevitable challenges.

Last edited:

ACHiPo

Feb 22, 2015
Pleasanton, CA
  • Haha
Reactions: Steve Williams

ACHiPo

Feb 22, 2015
Pleasanton, CA
Well I had my first TAS lock up. Per Steve's experience, I stopped the track and restarted and it was fixed.

On a somewhat related note, is there a way to pause TAS? All I see is a RW jump/play/stop/FF jump.

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
Well I had my first TAS lock up. Per Steve's experience, I stopped the track and restarted and it was fixed.

On a somewhat related note, is there a way to pause TAS? All I see is a RW jump/play/stop/FF jump.

nope, no pause until xdms

Reactions: ACHiPo

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing