Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

I wasn't referring to the lifting part, (didn't think that far ahead) the actual on site technical aspect...
Ah, I see. I thought you wanted me for my strong back (and weak mind. . .).

Steve Z

Ah, I see. I thought you wanted me for my strong back (and weak mind. . .).

Steve Z
Could you be enticed with a van/uniform/Taiko Cap?

Around 140lbs.
I guess users should start ordering more Daiza platforms, with each 3 feet they are good for at least 3000 lbs ;-).

(…) according to Emile the weight capacity of these pucks is like over 1000 pounds each. so that is not an issue.(…)

Last edited:
Reactions: Taiko Audio
what voltages are we talking about supplying via BPS? is it a single voltage or a few?
any chance one of the BPS outputs would be useful to run a DAC?

No the BPS is larger, we're designing a mini BPS, also aimed to launch in May, but that would need to be twice as large. It could be the same width+height but twice as deep, we're currently trying to fit the BMS to fit on a PCB making this possible.

The BPS for the Extreme is much larger, it will need a large amount of cells to be able to get a workable amount on playing time (charge once every 24 hours). We are working on 3 scenarios for this:

1) An internal BPS in the existing current chassis.
2) An internal BPS in a new chassis matching the new Switch and Router looks, this chassis would be slightly larger and considerable heavier then the current Extreme and comes with, imho, improved looks. Of course you can exchange your current chassis under the same upgrade value protection plan. This new chassis will be much easier for us to manufacture and assemble.
3) An external BPS to power your current Extreme externally.

Meaning we'll have a myriad of options to choose, which is actually not problematic for us as we can manufacture all of it in house.
I am glad to hear about option (1). Since it does not require a new enclosure, I suppose it will cost a meaningful amount less than the other options. I look forward to learning about the price of this option.

what voltages are we talking about supplying via BPS? is it a single voltage or a few?
any chance one of the BPS outputs would be useful to run a DAC?

The battery itself supplies a single voltage. Naturally it comes with an array of regulators which can indeed power the TACDA (again this is not going to be the official name).

Reactions: oldmustang
Hi all, here are the latest versions of the Taiko Audio New Product summary PDF documents (Updated 15-02-2023)

Also included is a 4th document for the upcoming Taiko Audio BPS! :)

- TACDA & TACDD DAC & Interface Summary
- Taiko Network Card & Switch Summary
- Taiko Router Summary
- Taiko BPS Summary

Attachments

• TACDA & TACDD DAC & Interface Summary_v15.pdf
    583.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Taiko BPS Summary_v3.pdf
    436.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Taiko Network Card & Switch Summary_v18.pdf
    776.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Taiko Router Summary_v7.pdf
    391.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
We would be happy to supply those to volunteers!
I could just see the moronic American Press Cover this. There have been reports of Vans all over the country with the Logo Taiko on the sides of the vehicles. Our sources confirm this is an Audio Cult. They are only to be approached with EXTREME caution. It seems as though they have an extensive code in which they communicate on a audio site called WBF. Our code breakers are getting close in unraveling this rather extensive code. It seems they use a variety of letters, XDMS, BPS, TACDA. They are an odd bunch who have obsessive personality traits. These traits can present themselves in a variety of unusual ways. We repeat, approach with caution, they can be dangerous...This Has Been A Public Service Announcement...

Last edited:
Hi all, here are the latest versions of the Taiko Audio New Product summary PDF documents (Updated 14-02-2023)

Also included is a 4th document for the upcoming Taiko Audio BPS! :)

- TACDA & TACDD DAC & Interface Summary
- Taiko Network Card & Switch Summary
- Taiko Router Summary
- Taiko BPS Summary
Hi Christiaan,

Would it be possible to implement the BPS option where the end user supplies their own LiPo battery or similar? That could possibly reduce the cost of shipping/packaging etc.

Hi Christiaan,

Would it be possible to implement the BPS option where the end user supplies their own LiPo battery or similar? That could possibly reduce the cost of shipping/packaging etc.
We will not be offering that option. The batteries that we use are special kinds that are not available to consumers and that outperform those that are. As such, using your own batteries would undermine the sound quality. And that goes against our nature... :)

Additionally, the BMS is incompatible with commercially available battery cells.

Last edited:
The battery itself supplies a single voltage. Naturally it comes with an array of regulators which can indeed power the TACDA (again this is not going to be the official name).
Any thoughts on the bps powering an external DAC as well as the extreme?

Supposing that the Taiko customers really like the Taiko BPS, since the DACs from MSB and Totaldac have external power supplies that output certain DC voltages, I suppose that later, Taiko could provide Battery Power Supplies for these DACs with the regulators to output the required voltages (and amperages).

Reading everything new at Taiko every morning is for me like a kid in Toyland at Christmas. And with 17. more projects in the works and being rolled out over the next few years tells me that Taiko is the dominant leader in this part of our industry. I don't see any other manufacturer rising to the occasion as Taiko has. With 17 more projects in the pipeline after a huge roll out in the next few months tells me we all better start using our piggy banks in preparation for all of these.

Supposing that the Taiko customers really like the Taiko BPS, since the DACs from MSB and Totaldac have external power supplies that output certain DC voltages, I suppose that later, Taiko could provide Battery Power Supplies for these DACs with the regulators to output the required voltages (and amperages).
Totaldac?

I guess it’s not impossible but currently not on our scope.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu