Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Hi Emile.. Just wanted to clarify when it comes to ALT1 and ALT2 filters. I assume that we will be using ALT1 or ALT2 to power the SWITCH and NOT THE ROUTER? If we were to power the switch using either ALT1 or ALT2, what will be the recommendation to power the ROUTER? Use DEFAULT or UNFILTERED? Could you please clarify? - Thx

I recommend to start with both connected to the default filters. Then change your switch to alt1 and alt2. After establishing your preference, you can try swapping router and switch to see which way you prefer. This is highly individual, for example Christiaan preferred alt1 over alt2 where I preferred alt2 over alt1. However I’m running different amplifiers now (more neutral, the previous ones were more tilted up) and prefer default for both now.

I recommend to start with both connected to the default filters. Then change your switch to alt1 and alt2. After establishing your preference, you can try swapping router and switch to see which way you prefer. This is highly individual, for example Christiaan preferred alt1 over alt2 where I preferred alt2 over alt1. However I’m running different amplifiers now (more neutral, the previous ones were more tilted up) and prefer default for both now.
Thank you!

I would suspect filter choice will be all over the map. As Steve suggested kick the tires with all of them. Multiple variables could influence what works best in each of our systems...

Reactions: Pokey77 and ctydwn
I would suspect filter choice will be all over the map. As Steve suggested kick the tires with all of them. Multiple variables could influence what works best in each of our systems...

I suspect the same but am highly interested in everybody’s experiences :)

Reactions: ctydwn
Thanks for the info- tried that, it doesn't work. I'm tired, been at it for hours before I realised the DAC Cable connection was the issue. Going to just do it on ethernet cable and hope Taiko can help me out.

I see you’ve reached out to the support team meanwhile so I’ll leave it in their capable hands to help you out.

Reactions: jelt2359
I suspect the same but am highly interested in everybody’s experiences :)
Your suggestion as to start with default filter makes perfect sense. Establish your point of reference then go from there...

That sounds interesting.
Could you please share what amps you used and for what reason you liked / disliked them ?
What are you using now and why ?
I know you had Jadis, Audinet, Alnico . Top performers .

so if one DC cable for alt1 goes to the switch does the other DC cable stay in default or....?

Up and running. Figured it out. Used Mac to connect to TaikoAudio wifi, fired up fing and got the new IP. Tried accessing the router admin page and had trouble with the router admin password with "I" or "1696534896566.png". Tried both way and was able to login and changed the password immediately. Connected iPad to TaikoAudio wifi. Fired up XDMS and tried fetch for the new ipaddress... no luck. Manually entered the IP and XDMS connected to the Extreme server instantly. Its on a burn-in mode at the moment. Thank you Taiko team for all the help!

Up and running. Figured it out. Used Mac to connect to TaikoAudio wifi, fired up fing and got the new IP. Tried accessing the router admin page and had trouble with the router admin password with "I" or "View attachment 117738". Tried both way and was able to login and changed the password immediately. Connected iPad to TaikoAudio wifi. Fired up XDMS and tried fetch for the new ipaddress... no luck. Manually entered the IP and XDMS connected to the Extreme server instantly. Its on a burn-in mode at the moment. Thank you Taiko team for all the help!
I must admit it really feels good when you see Taiko Audio as one of your available networks :cool: .

It really is. And if for whatever reason you lose wifi the fix is quite simple as even I get it
Yes.. the rest is easy once you are connected.

I received the shipment about an hour ago and it took me about 30 minutes to get up and running without the DC power distributor. However, I noticed that the wall wart was not making a good connection with the router and the router power was going off and on. So, I added the DC distributor and that’s when all the issues started.

Roon keeps cutting in and out since it can’t find the core. If I do a network scan I can see the Extreme but Roon doesn’t think it is there.

If I go into XDMS I cannot connect.

I can’t tell if this is an XDMS issue or switch issue.

Up and running. Figured it out. Used Mac to connect to TaikoAudio wifi, fired up fing and got the new IP. Tried accessing the router admin page and had trouble with the router admin password with "I" or "View attachment 117738". Tried both way and was able to login and changed the password immediately. Connected iPad to TaikoAudio wifi. Fired up XDMS and tried fetch for the new ipaddress... no luck. Manually entered the IP and XDMS connected to the Extreme server instantly. Its on a burn-in mode at the moment. Thank you Taiko team for all the help!
You do need to reboot the Extreme, that will trigger XDMS to register the new ip-address. Then you can use “fetch”.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing