Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
Jplay is an USB exclusive “tweak”. It does DXD, it used to be limited to DSD128 but it does DSD256 on the Aqua Formula and the Lampizator Pacific with the new XMOS USB interface now.

does jplay have any impact with aes/ebu ouput (preferred for totaldac)?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
My problem was discovering that the TAS prebeta that I received, sounding as great as it did, did not play above DSD 128. Well the genius of Emile and his team has written new Lampi drivers for the TAS. I don't use JPLAY and my question was whether these new drivers might benefit from the use of JPlay

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
My problem was discovering that the TAS prebeta that I received, sounding as great as it did, did not play above DSD 128. Well the genius of Emile and his team has written new Lampi drivers for the TAS. I don't use JPLAY and my question was whether these new drivers might benefit from the use of JPlay

We don’t know yet!

Reactions: Steve Williams

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
We’re still tweaking Jplay, Chris is back from his holiday next week and we will start scheduling the rollout. We may have some other general improvements we’d like to deploy at the same time. Do note we haven’t even completely finished rolling out the previous update.

As these updates are likely to become frequent occurrences it is all the more important to get the TAS app up, running and approved by Apple as this will allow everybody to apply updates themselves by the press of a button.

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
Great track thanks OM

Phil

Thanks -- I'm glad you like it. I stumbled on this album by accident and I'm very glad I did.

Steve Z

wil

Jul 22, 2015
Really can't say at this stage, I just design and see what it costs later, not planning for big margins so it should be reasonable, though it has 12 separate regulator sections already for 3 ports (2x rj45, 1x SFP) which are going to dissipate around 10 watts, it's going to need heatsinks.

Is it known yet what voltage the switch will need for an external power supply?

Kris

Mar 4, 2019
does jplay have any impact with aes/ebu ouput (preferred for totaldac)?

I am not sure if this is preferred way.
Emile can comment on that I think.
Actually I was thinking the same way you do now but than I found you are limited very significant with resolution you can transfer via aes / ebu.
Also it is rather the system balancing thing and personal preference than a general statement .
With USB you have so much more options , cables and programs you can use.

onlychild

Sep 18, 2019
Hi Emile, will your network switch be optimized to feed fiber to the Extreme or copper (or both)?

Skanda

May 2, 2020
sorry if this question has been asked already, but can TAS run off android or mac osx (instead of iOS)?

Skanda

May 2, 2020
Excellent! Is it out already or coming soon? my extreme is set to arive monday :))))

wil

Jul 22, 2015
On the Taiko switch design, given the reports for some time that pairs of switches, be they Sotm's or Buffalos, provide enhanced noise rejection or sq, I wonder if any thought is going into trying to replicate that enhancement in a single chassis?

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Hi Emile, will your network switch be optimized to feed fiber to the Extreme or copper (or both)?

It can be used in the following scenarios and will do well in all:
Fiber -> switch -> copper -> Extreme
Copper -> switch -> fiber -> Extreme
Copper -> switch -> copper -> Extreme

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing