• Mitt Romney

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 37 55.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really Frantz , we all are better served moving ahead in one language, If i voted in Haiti, i would expect creole, same as voting in Mexico, I would expect Spanish , this is very much what is currently wrong with the USA, Federal matters should be conducted in English only ...

Regards,

Why should it be? Is that written in the Constitution? Is that what is wrong about the USA? Multiplicity of languages?
There are many things that need to be addressed in the USA none as important as Education (Now that we have a semblance of Universal Healthcare :D ) It is becoming increasingly expensive (unaffordable?) for our youth to go to College. This concern may not register on this board where a $10K item is considered entry-level. It has become in my opinion the number one priority. Elevate the level of our Education, thus of our debate. The current extraordinarily polarized political climate is (IMO) in part due to a lack of understanding of the real issues facing our nation, thus political discourse has become a matter of who's shouting the loudest or using the most memorable soundbites .. this points toward better education in a world getting increasingly complex... all of this IMO ....
Democracy requires an educated population we are drifting toward the low end in this matter not the high end ...

Thus I am awaiting the results of this Election and see how reliable an indicator the WBF can be:D

Last edited:
Just got back from voting.

Our polling station was absolutely packed with a 15 minute wait before voting

Lady in charge said it has been that way all day.

Of course, I live behind the Orange Curtain ;) here in South Orange County California so not really surprised

Good point, but not completely accurate. I think it's universally accepted that English is the language of business, and it seems to me that no nation has taken issue with that.

Much like US expats conduct offical matters with the government agencies in China in Madarin and in the middle east in Arabic?

Good point, but not completely accurate. I think it's universally accepted that English is the language of business, and it seems to me that no nation has taken issue with that.

They have no taken issue with this on strictly pragmatic grounds. The USA is well advised to let pragmatism rule policy and not misguided chauvinistic principles about the role of the english language.

-- In Quebec we are trying to keep our French language heritage intact. :b
Signs (of businesses) are very appreciated in French (both languages; French & English, are fine).

Just got back from voting.

Our polling station was absolutely packed with a 15 minute wait before voting

Lady in charge said it has been that way all day.

Of course, I live behind the Orange Curtain ;) here in South Orange County California so not really surprised

Took me almost two hours today to vote thanks to technology. For my first time, NYC was using paper ballots that were scanned into machines; out of the 11 at the polling place, only three worked and by the time had gotten my ballot, none worked. So after making us wait more, they had us deliver our votes in the emergency ballot box under the scanner. What a joke!

Oh and they removed a polling official for giving voters wrong information. He was telling people to vote for one Democratic and one Republican candidate for each office. All it takes is a couple of these plants to screw up voting, esp. in a heavily Democratic neighborhood.

'Course if you believe this viral video but supposedly has now been confirmed and machine taken out of use. This is scary esp. with these machines that don't provide a hard copy of your vote! One wonders how many other machines are screwed up like this? Is it coincidence that it happened in PA?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOj2IPulNPA

Much like US expats conduct offical matters with the government agencies in China in Madarin and in the middle east in Arabic?

Apples and oranges,

People in china not voting in english nor interacting with each other in English, conversing with foreign diplomats in their language is of a different matter ..

Totally ..... :rolleyes:

-- In Quebec we are trying to keep our French language heritage intact. :b
Signs (of businesses) are very appreciated in French (both languages; French & English, are fine).

They are FORCED and not as appreciated as you might think. Especially when the Office de la langue francaise turns a blind eye to Chinese only signs, yet crucifies English business owners for having the English lettering on their sign equal in size to French.

But I digress....sorry!

Why should it be? Is that written in the Constitution? Is that what is wrong about the USA? Multiplicity of languages?
There are many things that need to be addressed in the USA none as important as Education (Now that we have a semblance of Universal Healthcare :D ) It is becoming increasingly expensive (unaffordable?) for our youth to go to College. This concern may not register on this board where a $10K item is considered entry-level. It has become in my opinion the number one priority. Elevate the level of our Education, thus of our debate. The current extraordinarily polarized political climate is (IMO) in part due to a lack of understanding of the real issues facing our nation, thus political discourse has become a matter of who's shouting the loudest or using the most memorable soundbites .. this points toward better education in a world getting increasingly complex... all of this IMO ....
Democracy requires an educated population we are drifting toward the low end in this matter not the high end ...

Thus I am awaiting the results of this Election and see how reliable an indicator the WBF can be:D

Hello Frantz ,

The fact that you see nothing wrong with such is alarming to me, no continued explanation would be necessary as none would be accepted.. As for the cost of rising school fee's , it's because of all of the wasted dollars thrown at it , getting unqualified kids into college, it has become a business and is driving up college cost. Take the government waste out and college would be more affordable...

Regards,

More on this voting machine.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...ine-switches-vote-obama-romney_n_2083015.html

But how many voted before this person noticed. And hard to believe that this is the only machine that malfunctioned?

Oh and note the voter intimidation and suppression tactics being used underneath. Also interesting is the FB poll indication many young voters are participating in this year's election.

You see boogey men every where Frantz, :)

It's NYC, guess who they are voting for, the real scary Boogeyman is the one they are most comfortable with , he has taken away their future and driven them into poverty forever ...

:)

More on what I reported:

NYC To Fix Broken Scanners
The New York City Board of Elections has dispatched technicians to Yorkville Community School on Manhattan's Upper East Side Tuesday afternoon to fix broken optical scan machines at the polling place. Valerie Vazquez, a spokeswoman for the Board of Elections, said that she toured the school Tuesday afternoon in response to a HuffPost inquiry and found one of the four optical scan machines was broken.

Liz Topp tells HuffPost that when she voted at Yorkville this morning, it took two hours to vote with only one of the optical scan machines in use. Topp said emergency ballots were not being distributed at the time and lines snaked through the building. Topp said that a second optical scan machine was put into place before she left the school.

Emergency ballots were not being used at Yorkville since at least one scanner was working, Vazquez said.

The situation at Yorkville is not the only report of machines breaking on the Upper East Side on Tuesday. Justin Launer told HuffPost Tuesday morning that all of the optical scan machines broke at his polling place at the Park East Synagogue, and that he and others had to vote via emergency ballot.

--John Celock

More on this voting machine.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...ine-switches-vote-obama-romney_n_2083015.html

But how many voted before this person noticed. And hard to believe that this is the only machine that malfunctioned?

Oh and note the voter intimidation and suppression tactics being used underneath. Also interesting is the FB poll indication many young voters are participating in this year's election.

There are reports of machines doing the samething exception being from Romney to Obama ...Electronic voting is ridiculous, the votes can be programmed to read what they want ...

They are FORCED and not as appreciated as you might think. Especially when the Office de la langue francaise turns a blind eye to Chinese only signs, yet crucifies English business owners for having the English lettering on their sign equal in size to French.

But I digress....sorry!

---- Ain't going there; too complicated with the Chinese now. :b

Hello Frantz ,

The fact that you see nothing wrong with such is alarming to me, no continued explanation would be necessary as none would be accepted.. As for the cost of rising school fee's , it's because of all of the wasted dollars thrown at it , getting unqualified kids into college, it has become a business and is driving up college cost. Take the government waste out and college would be more affordable...

Regards,

Stating your opinions with factual (also condescending) tone will not elevate them to the level of facts. That would require solid substantiation which I don't see here. Let's drop this issue and remain polite to each other ...

Funniest posting so far, courtesy of a Huffington contributor (don't read anything into the fact that i look there, I'm agnostic as to sources, and discount all of them):
"IF O wins, I'm leaving the country
IF Romney wins, I'm leaving the country
Don't read this as a political statement, I just like to travel."

Made me laugh.

Funniest posting so far, courtesy of a Huffington contributor (don't read anything into the fact that i look there, I'm agnostic as to sources, and discount all of them):
"IF O wins, I'm leaving the country
IF Romney wins, I'm leaving the country
Don't read this as a political statement, I just like to travel."

Made me laugh.

Come on up to Canada! We have the room and the oil! It's win-win!
Or should I say: And that my friends in Canada-winning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu