Reactions: kodomo

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hi Tang
I have the speaker 3 mt from the rear wall and far from lateral wall
Could be this give more spatial
Yes, could be. But I think more from CH electronics.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Dear Tang,

Versions aside,your system is truly magnificent bravo once more.

Kindest regards,G.

Dear G,

I hope you are doing great. Thank you for your kind words. Many people expressed that the tone of this pressing is "pure". I on contrary think the sound is on a lean side with less texture. The transparency of the recording is exceptional may be that's why the word "pure" comes to mind. Among limited number of classical records I own, this record could rank first in term of clarity and quietness. Ked said live orchestra has "natural warmth." I don't feel any warmth from this record. I am also used to hearing more hall play in great classical recordings of the past. But this one is different. On dynamic range, it is equivalent to Decca greatness. Overall, I still think it is the best new record on classical I have. Interestingly, it attracts me to keep playing and enjoying while feeling skeptical somehow. I haven't done much research on this #7 with other conductors. The video of Szell has some interesting sneaky explosive passage. Do you have this on vinyl.

Kindest regards,
Tang

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I Tang,like i wrote in Bruckner thread i bought this vynil
I am no good to post but i will do video and send you on whatsapp
But this time your system with sub and lamm will be better in every parameter

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Hi
Now that many people in forum have the Bruckner 7 dtd you can compare mine to your own video using handphone to record this same recording from your system. Of course, no need to post it publicly like me . I find it useful to see where to improve my system by comparing videos with my great friend Gian (whom I never met in person.) He once sent me a recording of his system on Jazz Pawnshop. I compared it to mine and his system beat me badly on staging and spatial info. That was a trigger for me to try to improve my system on that aspect which caused me to remove three absorber panels at front wall behind my speakers. The gap now reduced greatly but his SS CH base system still is better than mine on this regard. There are many great systems in this forum better sounding than those available to hear in commercial places too. Pity I cannot teleport myself to listen in real. Try to understand the limitations of a recording device or hand phone, iphone and samsung also sound a bit different. Use it wisely it could be very beneficial.

I usually record 5.3 meters away from my speakers.

hi Tang

hope you and your family are well

as Bruckner fan bot it’s great you posted this but .....
i suspect 5 meters means your hearing more room than your system
there is a lot of second harmonic on the strings not naturally in any way
the brass is subdued and lacks any sense of brass or “blast”
the flow and musicality is good
instrument differentiation and timbre is blurred
treble bass balance is confusing

i suspect this relates more to your recording than system

sorry but I feel this recording cannot possibly represent your systems sound

a

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia

Speaks for itself.
I like the performance but the recording is “grey” every instrument has the same coloration like a great black and white photo ....tempi and nuance is great however with some overload on violin forte chorals and woodwind that sound a million miles away and brass sound like they come from the bowels of the earth

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
This is how my system evolved.

Two years ago.

Now.

You can use your video productively to track changes. I admit my hearing memory is not good. I don't remember what my system used to sound two years ago.

Wow, really sounds better now. I could immediately detect weirdness in horns and such on the old videos...

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hi

hi Tang

hope you and your family are well

as Bruckner fan bot it’s great you posted this but .....
i suspect 5 meters means your hearing more room than your system
there is a lot of second harmonic on the strings not naturally in any way
the brass is subdued and lacks any sense of brass or “blast”
the flow and musicality is good
instrument differentiation and timbre is blurred
treble bass balance is confusing

i suspect this relates more to your recording than system

sorry but I feel this recording cannot possibly represent your systems sound

a
Hi Andrew,

It is great to get your feedbacks. (Also welcome feedback from other who has this album.)

- This youtube recording does bear resemblance to my systems sound. Except you could hear more in real. And the phone recording never capture the bass well.

- 5.2 meter away is where I normally sit. I sometime sit on a bench in front of my table 3.7 meter away from the speakers. At this position the sound is more immersive but images are not as defined. However I never found the room play any more or less whether sitting 3.5 or 5.2. If you hear a lot of second harmonic on strings I doubt my room does that. If I doubt it is my room causing the sound you hear then it is indeed my system.

- From this particular pressing, I actually feel the blast of brass is the attraction. 180 degree turn of how you hear. The sound of brass was blasting from the back row.

- This d to d has superb instrument differentiation. Even better than tapes of orchestra that I own. This is one of the most un-homogenous recording I have heard. So If you hear it like that, my system is to blame not the recording.

I hear the corvid situation is back in Australia. Please stay safe and be patient with the new normal.

Kind regards,
Tang

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I Tang,like i wrote in Bruckner thread i bought this vynil
I am no good to post but i will do video and send you on whatsapp
But this time your system with sub and lamm will be better in every parameter
You are very humble Gian. But if that is so, it is because it is summer and you don't have an air conditioner in the room like I do. :D

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Now that many people in forum have the Bruckner 7 dtd you can compare mine to your own video using handphone to record this same recording from your system. Of course, no need to post it publicly like me . I find it useful to see where to improve my system by comparing videos with my great friend Gian (whom I never met in person.) He once sent me a recording of his system on Jazz Pawnshop. I compared it to mine and his system beat me badly on staging and spatial info. That was a trigger for me to try to improve my system on that aspect which caused me to remove three absorber panels at front wall behind my speakers. The gap now reduced greatly but his SS CH base system still is better than mine on this regard. There are many great systems in this forum better sounding than those available to hear in commercial places too. Pity I cannot teleport myself to listen in real. Try to understand the limitations of a recording device or hand phone, iphone and samsung also sound a bit different. Use it wisely it could be very beneficial.

I usually record 5.3 meters away from my speakers.
Dear Khun Tang,

I was wondering what was wrong with your system in this video until I played my own copy, F**K o_O! The recording is harsh and thin, not impressed with performance either what a horrible record set. Better find another album to buy for those interested in comparing videos .

david

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Dear Khun Tang,

I was wondering what was wrong with your system in this video until I played my own copy, F**K o_O! The recording is harsh and thin, not impressed with performance either what a horrible record set. Better find another album to buy for those interested in comparing videos .

david
I would like to think my system is quite accurate to source. What you hear in my video is also an approximationof what in the room. Now you hear it in your system the same way you heard from my video. Like I mentioned politely in earlier comment to the General, the sound is on a thin side. I am open minded to the "technique" they used to record this so I accepted it as "different." ;)

Last edited:

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I would like to think my system is quite accurate to source. What you hear in my video is also an approximationof what in the room. Now you hear it in your system the same way you heard from my video. Like I mentioned politely in another thread the sound is on a thin side. I am open minded to the "technique" they used to record this so I accepted it as "different." ;)
:D:D:D You should have been a diplomat you’re a master of understatement!
I got this set about a month ago but didn’t have the time to open it, I listened to your recording tonight and it sounded yuuch so tried my set here to see what’s going on. My system must be even truer to source than yours because it sounds even more shit here :eek:! I searched the internet for some reviews and came across Fremer’s review drooling over this set, but then he’s usually full of shit, I guess that’s why they invited him to join in :)!

david

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
:D:D:D You should have been a diplomat you’re a master of understatement!
I got this set about a month ago but didn’t have the time to open it, I listened to your recording tonight and it sounded yuuch so tried my set here to see what’s going on. My system must be even truer to source than yours because it sounds even more shit here :eek:! I searched the internet for some reviews and came across Fremer’s review drooling over this set, but then he’s usually full of shit, I guess that’s why they invited him to join in :)!

david
And you sir can benefit from attending a course, the Art of Tact and Diplomacy.

The ability to assert your ideas or opinions, knowing what to say and how to say it without damaging the relationship by causing offence.

Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy.

- Isaac Newton

Diplomacy is the art of letting somebody else have your way.

- David Frost

Sorry Khun David. I cannot resist to tease you. It is making me laugh big.

Tang :D

Reactions: PeterA and hogen

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
And you sir can benefit from attending a course, the Art of Tact and Diplomacy.

The ability to assert your ideas or opinions, knowing what to say and how to say it without damaging the relationship by causing offence.

Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy.

- Isaac Newton

Diplomacy is the art of letting somebody else have your way.

- David Frost

Sorry Khun David. I cannot resist to tease you. It is making me laugh big.

Tang :D

Ah, but I wanted to offend ;).

david

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I thought "tact" was the ability to tell a man to go to hell and make him feel happy to be on his way.

manisandher

Feb 7, 2011
www.the2ndtier.com

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing