Zero Distortion: Tango Time

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
In the meantime, while this video is not that good, here is an Euronor to just look at.

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
IMHO both videos sound emotionally engaging. All instruments sound quite accurate by successfully reflecting periodically correct vintage tone. Although I like the overall sound signature a lot I still feel that speakers need more space for better mid bass presence. I know there is subwoofer in the room and bass can be improved individually but IMHO the real concern is mid bass.

Reactions: morricab

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
IMHO both videos sound emotionally engaging. All instruments sound quite accurate by successfully reflecting periodically correct vintage tone. Although I like the overall sound signature a lot I still feel that speakers need more space for better mid bass presence. I know there is subwoofer in the room and bass can be improved individually but IMHO the real concern is mid bass.

His midbass is weaker compared to what was in David's videos with this speaker. It could be the rear wave. Bionor and Eurodyn have a rear wave and the baffle helps the bass and tang has panels behind while David had open space. Just a guess. Rest of the kit is the same. So he might have to move them around more.

for compare, Here are a couple of others playing the same recording for a compare.

This one below is the Holbo that goes used for 3 - 4k including its LT arm, with a the lower priced Ikeda cart. Tang's video part here starts roughly around 2:10

And the Cessaro

Reactions: micky22

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
His midbass is weaker compared to what was in David's videos with this speaker. It could be the rear wave. Bionor and Eurodyn have a rear wave and the baffle helps the bass and tang has panels behind while David had open space. Just a guess. Rest of the kit is the same. So he might have to move them around more.

for compare, Here are a couple of others playing the same recording for a compare.

This one below is the Holbo that goes used for 3 - 4k including its LT arm, with a the lower priced Ikeda cart. Tang's video part here starts roughly around 2:10

And the Cessaro

All sounding great but Eurodyn is more emotionally engaging to my ears. BTW Exclusive 2402 is very impressive. I have a tendency to like Exclusive speakers.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland

And the Cessaro

What is this exact recording?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
All sounding great but Eurodyn is more emotionally engaging to my ears. BTW Exclusive 2402 is very impressive. I have a tendency to like Exclusive speakers.

in this case I liked both the other two quite more due to ability to hear more notes playing cleanly, with more weight.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Reactions: zerostargeneral

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
BTW Exclusive 2402 is very impressive. I have a tendency to like Exclusive speakers.

That one was a clone, not the real one.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
4571 sounds really good on my headphones.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The above is from Campoli’s Tchaikovsky on decca. The decca first Ed original goes upto 1000.

This is Szeryng Tchaikovsky on RCA, you can get it fit 150.

i will post a couple more Tchaikovsky later this week

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Reactions: mtemur

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing