Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

I don't use port forwarding but for the past few days Ed and Todd have been using XDMS and my library to test a new scanner and I have been using Roon exclusively. . I have done the Roon updated I have had no connectivity issues or power issues.I am running XDMS 2.4.7+1/Server version 1+1.19 Beta 240530/Player version 1.3.11 240315 and have had no issues since installing the update.

I thought that the Olympus will not be delivered with XDMS for the first 3 months until it is completed. I also seem to recall that XDMS is a different control app for Olympus than with the Extreme
I'm not that bright with this stuff. Marty updated XDMS and that was when he had network failure. Just curious if XDMS remote has a correlation "somehow" within network structure. Or as David suggested a corrupted Roon Port Forwarding. I just found it odd that it occurred in the same time fame with two different people/situations...

I don't use port forwarding but for the past few days Ed and Todd have been using XDMS and my library to test a new scanner and I have been using Roon exclusively. . I have done the Roon updated I have had no connectivity issues or power issues.I am running XDMS 2.4.7+1/Server version 1+1.19 Beta 240530/Player version 1.3.11 240315 and have had no issues since installing the update.
Interesting, and I'm not versed enough to understand all of this...

I'm not that bright with this stuff. Marty updated XDMS and that was when he had network failure. Just curious if XDMS remote has a correlation "somehow" within network structure. Or as David suggested a corrupted Roon Port Forwarding. I just found it odd that it occurred in the same time fame with two different people/situations...
I think Marty's issue was the Taiko router dropping taikoaudio network and David's was a power issue using port forwarding and his home network

I think Marty's issue was the Taiko router dropping taikoaudio network and David's was a power issue using port forwarding and his home network
Agreed, (2 different situations) just unusual that Marty's network drop, happened after doing the XDMS update...Before that he had a rock solid Taiko Network..

Steve, if you are connecting to the extreme via the Taiko router wifi then your use case doesn’t match mine since you are not using port forwarding.

Bottom line I just want to get everything up and running without issue and call it a day!

Steve, if you are connecting to the extreme via the Taiko router wifi then your use case doesn’t match mine since you are not using port forwarding.
I said I am not using port forwarding.I agree. I also think your issue and Marty's issue is totally different

Reactions: steve williams
Taiko support suggested the following additional port forwarding rules and this restored my ability to run Roon via my home network wifi:

Port 9159 with TCP protocol
Port 9003 with UDP protocol

These should be added in the port forwarding section of the router configuration.

Reactions: steve williams
Taiko support suggested the following additional port forwarding rules and this restored my ability to run Roon via my home network wifi:

Port 9159 with TCP protocol
Port 9003 with UDP protocol

These should be added in the port forwarding section of the router configuration.
So in fact was it the Roon update that changed Port Forwarding Protocol? Or something else that I don't comprehend?

So in fact was it the Roon update that changed Port Forwarding Protocol? Or something else that I don't comprehend?

Taiko support believes it may be due to the Roon update.

Reactions: John T

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing