Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Any more new deliveries of brackets from Fedex? No word still from Fedex. No idea as to where mine is.
I bet you'll get notice on Monday for a Tuesday delivery. Same thing happened when I received switch and new card,,,,,it sat in Holland for 2 days and then once in New Jersey on a Saturday it didn't move to California until Tuesday eve and I received it on Wednesday

Reactions: theaudiogeek
Hello friends, what type and size are the screws of the top lid of the Extreme?
Simone the type is "Allen Wrench" non metric is 1/8th". You can buy a set that folds up with all the various sizes...

Reactions: simorag
Hello friends, what type and size are the screws of the top lid of the Extreme?
make sure the front and back switches of the Extreme are off when you remove the top to prevent electrocution :eek:

Reactions: simorag
Any more new deliveries of brackets from Fedex? No word still from Fedex. No idea as to where mine is.

Check travel history on your tracking status page. Mine had more info hidden there. My bracket left the FedEx hub in NL at 5:29pm yesterday, so FedEx took 2+ days to get in on a plane.

Check travel history on your tracking status page. Mine had more info hidden there. My bracket left the FedEx hub in NL at 5:29pm yesterday, so FedEx took 2+ days to get in on a plane.
For economy that's pretty normal. I have shipments coming to the US from Euro every week and most of the time for economy they take a few days to leave Euro.

I think Emile also mentioned something about strikes associated with the airlines or handlers as well.

Mine shows the exact same information as yours does, leaving at 5:29 yesterday. Probably a Tuesday delivery if I was guessing, which I am:)

I do not have a tracking number yet. Have reached out to Taiko support team.

I do not have a tracking number yet. Have reached out to Taiko support team.
Maybe it did not ship yet, I think Emile said some were going out Friday and some Monday.

try 17track.net I find they often have better detail on status than the courier itself

Mine is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. Any updates as to if the new bracket fixed the issue?
Mine arrived yesterday on the late FEDEX truck to my area. By the way, kudos to Emile and team for taping the bracket between two hardwood blocks because the padded bag took some hard hits on the way and was almost ripped open in shipment. As always, I appreciate their attention to detail and customer service.

By the time my wife and I finished dinner and watched the Atlanta Braves' spring training ball game I decided to postpone installation until this morning. In fact, after I finish my second cup of coffee and am done scanning through e-mail and WBF, that will be up next.

Pending a successful installation and a few hours of continuous play time I hope to post something more later this afternoon, US PDT.

Steve Z

I’m still glued to my seat as listening uninterrupted gets me deep into the music.

It took me all of 10 minutes to change the bracket and reinstall the card. It was an instant fix
Steve,
Happy to hear the new bracket resolved the issue. Does it look different than the original? Or was it simply that better protection during shipping prevented any bending or misalignment?

Steve,
Happy to hear the new bracket resolved the issue. Does it look different than the original? Or was it simply that better protection during shipping prevented any bending or misalignment?
it is ever so slightly different in a few ways

Steve,
Different Steve, but to answer your questions -- there are some differences in the bracket however given the original shipping method (form-fitting foam cutout in a rigid box) provided excellent protection the issue was manufacturing/bending tolerances of the original bracket and not shipping damage.

Steve Z

Mine arrived yesterday on the late FEDEX truck to my area. By the way, kudos to Emile and team for taping the bracket between two hardwood blocks because the padded bag took some hard hits on the way and was almost ripped open in shipment. As always, I appreciate their attention to detail and customer service.

By the time my wife and I finished dinner and watched the Atlanta Braves' spring training ball game I decided to postpone installation until this morning. In fact, after I finish my second cup of coffee and am done scanning through e-mail and WBF, that will be up next.

Pending a successful installation and a few hours of continuous play time I hope to post something more later this afternoon, US PDT.

Steve Z
Steve, you are a better man than I am. I could never sit and watch a BB spring training game vs installing the bracket to see if it worked!

Reactions: ctydwn
Steve, you are a better man than I am. I could never sit and watch a BB spring training game vs installing the bracket to see if it worked!
It's so easy and quick to install that he could have done it during a game commercial ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu