2022 Mercedes EQS EV S-Class

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
regarding service issues the problem mostly is that people don't want to work anymore and finding employees is very hard.
I must admit I heard this same thing from my parents. We can even go back and find articles stating this. Heck I was telling my kids this before Covid.

One thing Covid did was made people realize their worth. The world is different post 2020-2021 and there is no going back.

Just my thoughts. I'm sure others think differently.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Absolute bargain.
Whats a much better bargain is having a company lease car in belgium .
You pay a small personal admission fee ( real small )and the employer pays his share.
For that you get a car plus tankcard .
You can use the tankcard more or less unlimited at stations in belgium it costs nothing extra .

Cars are cheaper in belgium so are rents and gas / electricity.

Any problem with the leasecar and you get a substitute for as long as the repair takes.
All services are paid for with the lease.
You can go with a full tank / accu to spain on holidays no problem

Last edited:
Reactions: howiebrou

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
That is an incredibly frustrating experience, Jonathan!

I wonder if the experience is a matter of whether the particular dealer one deals with is responsible and considerate, or not? Perhaps it is not even about the dealer generally — perhaps it is about the individual service advisor one gets hooked up with in the service department?

At Mercedes-Benz of Beverly Hills I have had the same service advisor since 2008. He treats me so well I typically get him a Christmas present!
No Ron, it was not only the dealer and those at the dealer, but it was also MB corporate.

Frankly the service advisors have always been good to deal with.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
regarding service issues the problem mostly is that people don't want to work anymore and finding employees is very hard. it's really impacted our service departments and the ability to be on top of customer communications. obviously it varies from place to place.

I hear this a lot. Almost a universal 'reason'. Of course money is still taken for sub-par service. Maybe if government handouts were less frequent ...

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012

Waiting for Mercedes to come out with their solid-state batteries around 2027

Last edited:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Love the tech along with the fit and finish of the MB. I wish it had a better range like Lucid.
They will have better Range when the solid-state batteries come out around 2027 and these batteries will last a lot longer and have faster charging too ! Who wants to pay $25K for new batteries after 8 years !..

Last edited:

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
They will have better Range when the solid-state batteries come out around 2027 and these batteries will last a lot longer and have faster charging too ! Who wants to pay $25K for new batteries after 8 years !..
Without a doubt I expect battery life to improve the same way cars have over the years. Even with that the EQS would be nicer if it had a better range.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
At Mercedes-Benz of Beverly Hills I have had the same service advisor since 2008. He treats me so well I typically get him a Christmas present!

Same here.... Much better experience when I take my MB in than when I take the wife's Subaru in...

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Best Review yet ! :cool:

The Mercedes EQS is Quieter than Rolls Royce Ghost or Phantom !
The EQS 51.5dB at 70
The Ghost 56.5dB at 70
The Phantom 54dB at 70

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing